The selected candidate will lead the ME&D (Mobility Engineering and Development) Lab systems integration for complex projects from an end-to-end perspective for major business initiatives including LTE, IPv6, QOS and VOIP. This end-toend oversight role will be responsible for providing consistent and optimized network infrastructure designs and identify network inefficiencies early in the process. |
At AT&T, our Chief Technology Office (CTO) is the embodiment of innovation. We’re responsible for developing, designing, planning and building AT&T’s wireless and wired networks, including the nation’s fastest 3G, 4G and LTE wireless networks, our groundbreaking U-verse network and one of the world’s largest and most advanced IP backbone networks. Just as importantly, our team conducts industry-leading research and development for network technologies as well as the applications that take advantage of connectivity.
- (20%) The selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing and validating technical project requirements and detailed designs across all impacted network platforms and services to address any inconsistencies or gaps in the end-toend solution including the testability of the requirements.
- (15%) As part of the end-to-end project oversight, the selected candidate is responsible for the overall planning and creation of the ME&D Systems Integration Release Plan. Working closely with the various Project Management organizations the selected candidate is responsible for determining and analyzing project dependencies and impacts to the Lab implementation schedule and defining milestones for Lab exit criteria, the engineering design plans and FFA planning documents.
- (15%)The selected candidate will be responsible for the resource planning of lab development and integration lineups to deliver complex ME&D projects efficiently from the Lab implementation phase through validation testing to production field implementation.
- (40%) The selected candidate will lead the design and engineering of the Lab network infrastructure architecture working with cross-functional domain experts and vendors to create the end-to-end Lab design plans and conduct joint Lab engineering reviews. The selected candidate is also responsible for creating and directing the test team to execute the end-to-end Test Object List (ToL), track lab test results in Quality Center (QC) including defect tracking and reporting.
- (10%) The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining a good working relationship with NPMO, NP&E, ATS and Net Ops and provide reviews, support and technical guidance for implementing the Lab engineering designs and FFA planning.
Required Qualifications -
Desired Qualifications -
- Entry into this title requires Technical Title Plan (TTP) Board Approval
- Candidate shall have a PhD in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 14 years of relevant experience.
- Deep technical understanding across multiple technology disciplines including the RAN, Mobility Circuit Core and/or Packet Core networks as it relates to next generation technology evolutions and the adoption of new 3GPP standards.
- Proven expertise in end-to-end Systems Engineering, Architecture or Design in the areas of IP Networks and Content Delivery Networks
- Advanced knowledge of hardware, operating systems, MS-IPTV infrastructure, relevant IP and web-based protocols, network and application components
- IP Networking and Unix/Linux skills
- Relevant web protocols/environments include but are not limited to: XML, HTTP, TCP/IP; Java, JS, HTML, PL/SQL, C#, .NET, Windows Server, Linux, Unix, IIS & STB client technologies
- Key technical expertise areas: routing (IP/BGP, Internet peering), COS, DNS, CP/IP performance, Ethernet. IP/Router hands on experience
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
- Relevant industry certifications
AT&T - 18 months ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...