The selected candidate will focus on the Mobility Labs Systems Integration functions for complex projects from an end-to-end perspective with emphasis on LTE, IPv6, QOS and VOIP technologies. This role requires a sound technical |
understanding across multiple technology disciplines including RAN, Circuit Core and/or Packet Core networks and expertise in the end-to-end network performance validation. This end-to-end oversight role will be responsible for
delivering consistent and optimized network infrastructure designs and identify network inefficiencies early in the process.
Working as a Principal Member of Technical Staff, you will be required to demonstrate your highly technical skills within a specific technology discipline. To attain this technical level, you will be required to have or be capable of exhibiting
- (20%) - Analyze joint project requirements and detailed designs across all impacted network platforms to identify inconsistencies in the overall solution and to develop testing methodologies that validate the end-to-end network infrastructures and services.
- (15%) - This role will be responsible for the overall planning and oversight of the Systems Integration Release Plan, analyzing end-to-end project dependencies and impacts, technical risk assessments and the development of mitigation and contingency plans.
- (30%) - Working with cross-functional domain experts and vendors develop and review the Engineering Design Packages (EDP) to build and configure the end-to-end network and services integration lineups.
- (20%) - This role is responsible for developing and executing the end-to-end Test Object List (ToL), tracking lab test results in Quality Center (QC) and conduct defect tracking, problem resolution and reporting.
- (15%) - This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining a good working relationship with NPMO, NP&E, ATS and Net Ops and provide reviews, support and technical guidance for implementing the Lab engineering designs and FFA planning.
significant contributions in specific complex technical areas. As the Principal Member of Technical Staff, you will be recognized in the company as a technical leader within a specific area and may lead projects of small to medium size
and technical breath. In addition, you should have worked or be capable of working on projects of high complexity, where analysis of data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors, using knowledge and expertise derived from strong educational background and progressive experience.
This position may be responsible for contributing to AT&T's compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by
generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
At AT&T, our Chief Technology Office (CTO) is the embodiment of innovation. We’re responsible for developing, designing, planning and building AT&T’s wireless and wired networks, including the nation’s fastest 3G, 4G and LTE wireless networks, our groundbreaking U-verse network and one of the world’s largest and most advanced IP backbone networks. Just as importantly, our team conducts industry-leading research and development for network technologies as well as the applications that take advantage of connectivity.
Required Qualifications -
Desired Qualifications -
- Entry into this title will require Technical Title Plan (TTP) Board Approval.
- Candidate shall have a PhD in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, or a Bachelors degree in an approved field from an accredited university and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience engineering mobility networks and services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Mobile Network design, testing, development and Tier 4 Support
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics is desired
- Masters degree is desired
- 7+ years experience with Mobile Network design, testing, development and Tier 4 Support
- Relevant industry certifications
AT&T - 21 months ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...