Overall Purpose : Provide RTB Device Scorecard that involves metric development, identification of device level issues affecting the customer, triage of problems and detailed troubleshooting to minimize the impact to the customer. |
Responsibilities: Perform day to day activities related to RTB device scorecard metric development for 3G and LTE technologies, data mining, metric analysis and report generation. Investigate, review and analyze performance issues, utilize known data sources (ex. GS Tools, RCATS, ASCOM, Tektronix, Geoprobe). Assess new performance tools. Support markets with ad hoc analysis and testing. Interact regularly with various groups in CTO, AT&T Labs, NP&E, GNO, EIT and vendor.
Education : Typically requires a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, a related field or equivalent experience.
Experience : Typically requires 5-8 years of applicable experience.
Supervisory : No.
Nature of Contribution - Seasoned technical professional. Contributes through proven technical expertise. Has significant depth/functional impact.
Knowledge - Subject Matter Expert within own discipline/specialty area; basic knowledge of other disciplines/specialty areas. Deep technical knowledge. Applies in depth knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards/processes. Integrates industry experience and deep professional/technical knowledge. Technical leader and recognized expert on select ATT technologies/systems/procedures.
Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves unique problems through evaluative judgment/precedent. Independently applies sophisticated analysis in evaluating issues. Develops new concepts/methods/techniques for cross-functional initiatives. Recognizes/pursues alternative methods.
Independence - Guided by department goals/objectives. Exercises latitude in determining objectives/approaches to projects. Leads multiple small to medium sized projects and technical breadth.
Contribution to AT&T Technology - Key contributor on complex projects/initiatives. Impacts current and future business opportunities through application of specialized technical/ industry knowledge. Develops methods/techniques based on strategic project objectives.
Communication - Mentors and provides technical guidance and explains advanced concepts to others in work area. Coordinates across multiple departments. Promotes active listening and open communication. Provides leadership/guidance to others. This position may be responsible for contributing to AT&T's compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
This position may be responsible for contributing to AT&T's compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
Required Qualifications -
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or related field
· 5-8 years of progressive successful development as an engineer
· Strong written, verbal and oral presentation skills
· Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and other standard office computer applications
· Strong analytic and fact-based decision-making skills
Desired Qualifications -
· Strong knowledge of and the ability to solve complex issues in the areas of:
· RF engineering principles (RF communications theory, design principles, network optimization, propagation modeling and prediction, etc.) and vendor capability assessment, Network architecture (3GPP Air interface, standards, technology and evolution, etc.), Vendor capability assessment, Wireless engineering principles (cell site/tower design, attributes and specifications, and RAN design, spectrum/frequency planning, etc.), Performance Management (System KPIs and metrics, etc.), and Software (Parameter definition, etc).
· Knowledge of Wireshark and TCP/IP
· Understanding of SQL and ability to write complex queries
AT&T - 9 months ago
If you’re equal parts people person and tech person, you’re likely an AT&T person. Why? Because our passion for technology...