Provides radio frequency (RF) and/or Radio Access Network (RAN) design. Designs, plans and oversees installation, maintenance and optimization of wireless radio access network communications systems, including radio propagation modeling and prediction, microwave path analysis, interference analysis, frequency coordination, cell site equipment layout, parameter definition and ancillary equipment. Analyzes RAN data to recommend optimal changes to RAN network to improve all the key indexes and performance indicators. |
Nature of Contribution- Technical professional with limited experience. Primarily completes standard work.
Knowledge - Has basic working knowledge of technical principles and methods within own discipline / specialty area. Integrates basic principles of discipline with processes and procedures to complete own job. Grows current knowledge of AT&T technologies, systems.
Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves non-routine problems by applying limited judgment to select appropriate standard procedures. Articulates and refines identified issues within own area. Analyzes a variety of factors within applicable standards and procedures to develop solution. Reviews structured technical problems and independently selects appropriate methods.
Independence - Follows established policies and procedures; plans work priorities with guidance from superiors. Works on assignments of limited scope and limited discretion applied in establishing deadlines and approaches for completing own assignments.
Contribution to AT&T Technology - Carries out standard work to achieve deadlines. Contributes to maintaining current technologies and/or supports teams in emerging technologies.
Communication- Exchanges routine technical information in effective and timely manner. Actively engages with others to understand issues and gather necessary information. Presents materials/thoughts effectively one-on-one.
This position may be responsible for contributing to AT&T's compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
Desired Qualifications -
- 0-1 year of experience with Network architecture (3GPP Air interface, standards, technology and evolution, etc.)
- Fully proficient with RF engineering principles (RF communications theory, design principles, network optimization, propagation modeling and prediction, etc.) and vendor capability assessment.
- Must be familiar with MS Office products such as Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint as well as intimate knowledge of MapInfo. Understanding of other mapping software such as but not limited to Street Atlas or MS Streets & Trips mapping programs is a plus.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math or Sciences or equivalent related technical experience.
- 1-3 years of progressive successful development as an engineer.
- Ability to analyze moderately complete data and complex issues.
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If you’re equal parts...