AT&T Consumer Mobility Group has an opportunity for a talented individual with a proven track record in building revenues around mobility products. This position will be driving new business opportunities with third-party content developers across a spectrum of different types of businesses. The service platform features being marketed are new to the mobility industry and are directly related to Network and IT billing systems within our new LTE Evolved Packet Core. |
This position has a direct business development/customer-facing role. Responsibilities include building and maintaining relationships with the client developers and business managers, account planning and strategy, pursuing new opportunities with a focus on solution-selling for the growing feature set in Network Policy. Working directly and independently with the Network Policy team to develop and grow business with accounts, with primary responsibility on the team for revenue growth. Interfacing internally with other members of the team to process clients through training to eventual commercial status to use network features.
This role will report to the director of Network Policy and is the main role in driving the P&L with external companies and key point of contact for feedback and development of materials with other team members that contributes to quality and feature improvement for the service platform.
- Develop strategic plans with the director of Network Policy to sell policy features to external companies.
- Work with ABS, EDO, Consumer Developer Program and various strategy teams, to develop lead contact list and make initial contact and then drive the sales process.
- Refine and manage the business development and technical on-boarding process for platform services.
- Monitor with the team existing partner relationships to determine status to ensure individual partners are using the platform features.
- Develop customer surveys with other team members.
- Work in cooperation with other team members to build plans around quality improvement for existing platform features through established feedback loop with our external developer customers.
- Be a strong advocate of the external developer/customer in product planning processes within the group.
- Provide a catalyst for new growth through observation of competing products that may be offered by our key domestic competitors to our same clients.
- Provide the best customer service on behalf of AT&T and the Platform team to our developer customers.
- Work with the team to develop terms and conditions, legal contracts, training and promotional materials that help communicate and sell our offers.
Position can be located in Redmond, WA or Palo Alto, CA.
- Five or more years of telecommunication sales, sales engineering support, business development or account management experience or combination of roles, in the area of: Wireline voice and data and wireless application, solution sales, software or application for a mobile environment
- Three or more years of telecommunication sales or business development experience include Wireline voice and data and wireless application and solution sales
- Five or more year’s consultative sales experience, business planning and/or product development and customer management
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Proficient Technical Knowledge of mobility networks, including 4G. Additional benefit if that knowledge includes our new Evolved Packet Core (EPC).
- Proposal business writing
- Consultative Sales, Business Planning
- Technical sales experience in a large-business environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Successful sales or business development track record
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent strategy development, marketing, analytical, critical-thinking, and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Proficiency in Power Point, Excel, Word and other standard office computer applications
- BA in Marketing, Business or Technical Field (or related experience, if degree is ‘other’)
- Graduate Degree Technical or Marketing preferred
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...