At AT&T, our job is to deliver the future before anyone else. We do this with people. People who want to create and deliver new technology that can transform the lives of our customers, our communities and our society. Our professionals innovate every day, whether they are working on upgrading our wireless and broadband infrastructure or delivering new possibilities for our consumer and business customers. They make the impossible, possible. |
The NETREX program is a college hire development program that provides the opportunity for participants to collaborate with project teams while gaining broad experience across the AT&T Network Operations organization. This program will allow you to gain the professional development and peer/leadership support that will help you jump start your career with AT&T.
Being part of this program will help you build your technical, problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills to achieve real impact at a much earlier stage than many of your peers. It will also give you the ability to have plenty of networking opportunities that include key executive leadership sessions, business area and industry overview presentations, volunteer and social activities and Individual team member responsibilities.
After the initial training, you will continue to showcase your skills on a variety of technical platforms, disciplines and strategic project areas and support key strategic initiatives across Network Operations. Specifically, as a Sr. Specialist-Advanced Technical Support, your primary responsibilities will include The candidate will be required to provide Tier III technical support for the Uverse Access Network. The applicant must possess a working knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks and will be responsible to troubleshoot, analyze, test, and repair networking issues. The position requires virtual 24/7 support of the network including on-call rotation with off shift work hours.
Nature of Contribution- Developing technical professional with some experience. Completes moderately complex work within a discipline or specialty area. Contributes to the development of concepts, methods and techniques.
Knowledge - Has expanded technical knowledge in own discipline/ specialty area. Applies broader knowledge of discipline / specialty area standards to work assignments. Sound understanding of one or two specific AT&T technologies, systems and procedures. Deepens technical knowledge through exposure and continuous learning.
Analysis and Problem Solving - Identifies problems and issues. Solves non-routine problems by independently applying judgment to established analysis and standard approaches. Integrates and evaluates multiple factors to develop creative and practical solutions.
Independence - Guided by project and work deadlines; sets own priorities. Uses discretion to complete assignments, independently applying knowledge of technical practices and specialty area standards. Independently completes assignments and participates in projects of diverse scope.
Contribution to AT&T Technology - Supports technical initiatives normally as part of a larger project. Works on development of new technologies or maintenance of existing technologies. Contributes to milestone completion of projects
Communication- Exchanges complex technical information. Provides training and guidance to others in work area by breaking down information in a systematic and logical manner. Cultivates good working relationships with peers.
- Coordinate with and interact as an advocate to the vendor to resolve technical issues as well as troubleshoot with vendors, customers, and peers, and perform root cause analysis
- Implement changes to new or existing products and features and will need to have the Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Report to a second level manager
- Must be available to work in a 24x7x365 environment
- Occasional travel may be required
- This position may be responsible for contributing to AT&T's compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
Required Qualifications -
Desired Qualifications -
- Basic Understanding of Operating Systems
- Basic Understanding of Design and Implementation and database development
- Basic Understanding of IP Protocols, Service Applications and Multicast
- Basic Understanding of Layer 1, 2 and 3 Protocols
- Basic Understanding of Network Management and Performance
- Basic Understanding of RF and Signaling techniques
- Bachelor of Science in CS, EE, Math, Physics, MIS, Telecom, Sciences
AT&T - 18 months ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...