The AT&T Network Planning & Engineering Technical Development Program (NP&E NETDP) is a great opportunity for graduates interested in joining a very dynamic organization using cutting-edge tools and technologies. If you are interested in joining a very dynamic organization using cutting-edge tools and technologies, this is a great opportunity! |
We are looking for a focused, energetic individual who is looking to start their career in one of the diverse AT&T Network Planning & Engineering fields. This candidate should be an exceptional graduate with a potential to achieve a high level of performance in a short period of time. This program focuses on rotational assignments, professional development, and extensive coaching to help you gain the experience necessary to become a successful member within the NP&E team at AT&T.
The initial assignment for position is essential in the compilation and generation of critical NP&E network performance reports, weekly and monthly metric dashboards, and special studies. Also, provides project management functions towards the design, preparation of requirements, development, programming, testing, and implementation of models in support of network components, capital projects, and new metrics for growth areas of the business.
This position is an entry level, non-trainee engineer working on a variety of routine engineering activities under close guidance and direction from more experienced engineers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Assists more experienced engineers and performs field tests on networks under close direction. Performs engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks
Job Contribution: Technical support role. Organizes/completes structured assignments per predefined priorities. Limited team impact.
- KNOWLEDGE Acquires/demonstrates basic knowledge of principles and methods. Knowledge limited to specific processes/procedures needed to perform assignments within own work area. Basic knowledge of ATT technologies. Limited skill in technical field.
- ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Focused on data gathering/compilation/verification. Completes routine tasks. Reviews/solves routine problems applying clearly defined standard procedures.
- INDEPENDENCE Highly directed and supervised; work is assigned, scheduled and prioritized by others. Works on detailed assignments. Work assignment is guided by standard procedures; judgment is minimal.
- CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY Contributes through quality and efficiency of own work. Supports technical teams maintaining current technologies.
- COMMUNICATION Displays appropriate listening skills to receive training/directions. Exchanges procedural information with immediate colleagues and/or internal customers. Collaborates with others in own area and seeks assistance and feedback as appropriate. Seeks self development opportunities; demonstrates aptitude for growth.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Responsibilities may also include working with Labs, product development, and engineering teams to actually author process documentation, methods, procedures, and guidelines for current network planning, capacity management, and network builds. Coordinates and interfaces with internal and external customers to ensure service commitments are met. Uses engineering tools, various software applications, and databases to assist in creating the engineering documents. Prepares / oversees cost/benefit estimates, presentations, negotiations, installation, problem resolution, and multivendor product integration. May provide initial implementation support of networks to assure proper execution and provides resolution for system failures or degradations. Provide project management and documentation as required. Job Contribution: Developing technical professional with some experience. Completes moderately complex work within discipline/specialty area. Contributes to development of concepts/methods/techniques. Moderate team impact.
KNOWLEDGE Has expanded technical knowledge in own discipline/specialty area. Applies broader knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards to work assignments. Sound understanding of 1 to 2 specific ATT technologies/systems/procedures. Deepens technical knowledge through exposure and continuous learning.
ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Identifies problems/issues. Solves non-routine problems by independently applying judgment to established analysis and standard approaches. Integrates/evaluates multiple factors to develop creative practical solutions.
INDEPENDENCE Guided by project and work deadlines; sets own priorities. Uses discretion to complete assignments; independently applies knowledge of technical practices and specialty area standards. Independently completes assignments; participates in diverse projects.
CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY Supports technical initiatives normally as part of a larger project. Works on new technologies development and/or existing technologies maintenance. Contributes to milestone project completion.
COMMUNICATION Exchanges complex technical information. Provides training/guidance to others in work area breaking down information in a systematic/logical manner. Cultivates good peer working relationships. Education: BS degree in Math, Science or Engineering preferred or equivalent related network experience. Experience: Typically at least 1-3 years of successful network engineering or related experience. Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role. Entry into this title may require TCP Governance Board Review. Supervisory: No.
Environmental Requirements: This position may be responsible for contributing to ATT compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in either Engineering or Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Self starter with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and foster collaborative relationships internal to AT&T and to our external business partners.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills to assist in managing and driving issues to resolution.
- Ability to evaluate, select and apply engineering techniques and procedures when making network modifications.
- Internship/Co-op/School related project(s) demonstrating desire to work in Telecommunications environment.
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office suite of tools (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T - 15 months ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...