NETDP Job Description for 1 st level management hires |
The AT&T Network Planning & Engineering Technical Development Program (NP&E NETDP) is a great opportunity for graduates interested in joining a very dynamic organization using cutting-edge tools and technologies. If you are interested in joining a very dynamic organization using cutting-edge tools and technologies, this is a great opportunity!
We are looking for a focused, energetic individual who is looking to start their career in one of the diverse AT&T Network Planning & Engineering fields. This candidate should be an exceptional graduate with a potential to achieve a high level of performance in a short period of time. This program focuses on rotational assignments, professional development, and extensive coaching to help you gain the experience necessary to become a successful member within the NP&E team at AT&T.
What to Expect:
NETDP was created to meet the demands of developing technically talented managers that can help AT&T's network grow in the decades to come. The skills to succeed require candidates to learn new systems and technology quickly, to use data to develop sound network decisions, and to think critically. For those willing to work hard with their team on these goals, NETDP offers a compelling avenue for career growth and reward. Possible assignments are RF Engineer, Capacity Manager, Capacity Planner, and Project Manager.
Rotational Assignment: NETDP candidates will serve in an initial job for 12-24 months and then transition to a second developmental assignment. This will accelerate the candidates' knowledge and understanding of AT&T's network.
Professional Development: NETDP will provide candidates with monthly professional development opportunities that will include technical and industry briefings from leaders within AT&T as well as leadership instruction on topics like teamwork and conflict resolution.
Coaching: NETDP candidates will benefit from formal quarterly counseling with supervisors and constant coaching from supervisors and more experienced peers. Supervisors are specially selected and trained to help the NETDP candidates' transition from college to the Network Engineering team.
This is a full-time, paid position with employee benefits.
Responsible for the evaluation, procurement, design, technical specifications and support for Network equipment and storage capacity. Prepares equipment maintenance requirements and policies, identifies and tracks equipment deficiencies and designs / implements rearrangements and improvements. Plans, organizes and functions as equipment SME for equipment selection and on-site installations. Interfaces with process engineering and maintenance to develop and support new processes and applications. Sequences vendor schedules to insure proper interface and deployment. Plans and designs layout, equipment selection, HVAC and power requirements, etc. Determines equipment required for storage capacity needs. Manages capital and facility expense budgets. Liaison for hardware, facility vendors, laboratories for testing and product evaluation.
KNOWLEDGE Acquires/demonstrates basic knowledge of principles and methods. Knowledge limited to specific processes/procedures needed to perform assignments within own work area. Basic knowledge of ATT technologies. Limited skill in technical field.
- ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Focused on data gathering/compilation/verification. Completes routine tasks. Reviews/solves routine problems applying clearly defined standard procedures.
- INDEPENDENCE Highly directed and supervised; work is assigned, scheduled and prioritized by others. Works on detailed assignments. Work assignment is guided by standard procedures; judgment is minimal.
- CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY Contributes through quality and efficiency of own work. Supports technical teams maintaining current technologies.
- COMMUNICATION Displays appropriate listening skills to receive training/directions. Exchanges procedural information with immediate colleagues and/or internal customers. Collaborates with others in own area and seeks assistance and feedback as appropriate. Seeks self development opportunities; demonstrates aptitude for growth.
Environmental Requirements: This position may be responsible for contributing to ATT compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.
At AT&T, our Chief Technology Office (CTO) is the embodiment of innovation. We’re responsible for developing, designing, planning and building AT&T’s wireless and wired networks, including the nation’s fastest 3G, 4G and LTE wireless networks, our groundbreaking U-verse network and one of the world’s largest and most advanced IP backbone networks. Just as importantly, our team conducts industry-leading research and development for network technologies as well as the applications that take advantage of connectivity.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in either Engineering or Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Self starter with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and foster collaborative relationships internal to AT&T and to our external business partners.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills to assist in managing and driving issues to resolution.
- Ability to evaluate, select and apply engineering techniques and procedures when making network modifications.
- Internship/Co-op/School related project(s) demonstrating desire to work in Telecommunications environment.
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office suite of tools (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident or other protected individual as defined in 8 U.S.C. Sec 1324(b)(3). We do not sponsor individuals for H Visas for this position.
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If you’re equal parts...