Ithaca College is seeking a Multimedia Specialist to work within the Athletic Communications department to assist in the advancement of the department’s developing multimedia goals, especially webcasting and video and audio elements on the official intercollegiate athletics website. This position will also support selected teams with accurate and timely updates of web pages, social media, staffing and coverage of events to include in-game statistics, and post-game coverage as necessary. The Multimedia Specialist will develop and oversee projects in conjunction with the goals of the Athletic Communications department and will work with administrators, coaches, student-athletes, alumni and colleagues within the Office of Marketing Communications to promote the intercollegiate athletic programs at Ithaca College.
1. Coordinate with Athletics Communication to ensure coverage of athletic events. Attend events and manage multiple multimedia projects simultaneously.
2. Manage an extensive video production schedule of live athletic events through both conference and campus webstreaming environments and serve on the college LiveStream Steering Committee.
3. Produce, shoot and edit video content packages; interview coaches, student-athletes and staff members.
4. Shoot b-roll footage and other necessary video elements, including managing upload of video elements to NCAA and media FTP sites. Take video segments from concept to production to edit/completion in a timely manner.
5. Manage and maintain video equipment inventory and stay abreast of emerging technologies and hardware/software developments. Log and store necessary archive video.
6. Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships within the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and initiate and develop working relationships with media representatives to promote Ithaca College intercollegiate athletics. Represent the college in professional organizations including ECAC - SIDA and CoSIDA, as well as at conferences and workshops
7. Provide accurate and timely updates of pertinent web pages within bombers.ithaca.edu
8. Provide staffing and coverage of events to include game programs, in-game statistics, media accommodation, game stories and dissemination of information to opposing teams, media outlets and conference and national reporting entities. Work and host conference and NCAA events as necessary.
9. Write and edit press releases and copy for other publications such as game programs, recruiting publications, feature stories and promotional materials.
10. Nominate and promote student-athletes for weekly and seasonal athletic and academic awards programs by conferences and national organizations and media outlets.
11. Contribute to Athletics Communication department social media goals and strategies.
12. Accurately prepare and maintain photography, records, statistics and other files pertaining to Bomber student-athletes and teams.
13. Provide guidance, direction, training, and supervision for student videographers and other student assistants.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year of professional experience in a collegiate athletics communications office; experience in television or webcast production; knowledge and experience with the technical use of professional grade digital cameras and editing software are required. A working knowledge of in-game statistical software applications is preferred. College sports information office experience as an undergraduate or post-graduate will be considered.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested individuals must apply online at apply.icjobs.org, and attach a cover letter, resume, a list containing the contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and up to two sample(s) of writing. Questions about the online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 16 months ago