Professional License Required
Previous Hospital Experience Required
The Geriatrician shall provide in-patient geriatric consultation to patients who are hospitalized at White Plains Hospital . The Geriatrician will also provide primary care to Assisted Livings, nursing facilities and out patient consultations. The Geriatrician will also assume a collaborative role with the Medical Director of Geriatrics and Palliative Care and Director of Senior Services. The service should promote and contribute to the mission, vision and values of White Plains Hospital and should operate in a high quality and fiscally prudent manor. Reduction of average patient length of stay in hospital and maintenance of this measure is also a focus of this position.
1. Work collaboratively and communicates regularly with the Medical Director of Geriatrics and Palliative Care and Director of Senior Services in providing a quality program and community services.
2. Communicates with key personnel to resolve issues of relevance to the clinical operation of the White Plains Hospital Geriatrics/Senior Services & Palliative Care.
3. Thoroughly communicate with patient appropriate family members, patient’s private physician, White Plains Hospital Hospitalists, and staff regarding the status of the admitted patient.
4. Provide education for staff and patients.
5. Supervise physician extenders (NP).
6. Attends all relevant professional meetings scheduled for the Department and Hospital.
7. Write concise and legible notes (100% of the time) and bills fairly and completely for services rendered.
8. Establish rapport with company reps and identify sources of funding for research activities.
9. On-call required to cover medical practice. This would rotate with the Medical Director of Geriatrics and Palliative care.
10. Complies with the requests of nursing facilities and assisted livings within the safe guidelines of medical practice.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
- NY State Licensure to practice medicine
- Certified in Geriatric practice
- Doctoral Degree in Medicine
- At least one year experience in a hospital setting and geriatric practice
- Credentialing and malpractice insurance through White Plains Hospital Medical Staff office required.
White Plains Hospital Center - 20 months ago
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...