Instrumental in support of Internal Audit Director in development of annual audit plan, underlying risk assessment processes, evaluation of internal controls, audit execution, Sarbanes-Oxley Act section 404 and continuous improvement at $1.5 billion global organization.
- Assist in the redefinition and building of the internal audit function, including staffing, external partner relationships and development of departmental policies, processes and audit methodology.
- Manage internal audits on global scale.
- Assist in institutionalizing SOX testing at unit level with periodic internal audit review.
- Manage internal audits consisting of staffing from internal audit team, external partner or peer review members.
- Coordinate with external audit on annual audit support.
- Coordinate with internal audit outsource partner.
Materials and Equipment Used:
- Manage third party resources as required.
- Participate in the development of the annual audit plan and entity wide risk assessment.
- Perform timely follow-up on open audit issues.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Office equipment (copier, fax)
- Personal computer
- Office Environment
- Business travel by car or by plane
- Frequent (40%) travel
- International travel
Education or Formal Training:
- Strong knowledge of and skill in performing internal audit procedures and internal control assessments.
- In depth knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Section 404) as it pertains to a publicly traded US company.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices with respect to general and application controls.
- Language skills a plus.
- Computer skills with MS Office.
- Ability to travel 40% overnight (Western Europe, Poland, UK, Asia and the United States.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Graduate business degree desirable.
- Professional certification e.g.- CPA, CA, or equivalent required.
- 10 years experience- Ideally a mix of public accounting and corporate internal audit.
- Supervisory experience.
Woodward is a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO - USA. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodward technology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
United States-Colorado-Fort Collins
1st Shift / Day Job
Woodward - 19 months ago