Arizona Department of Education
serving Arizona's education community,
ensuring every student has access to an excellent education
Average Daily Membership (ADM) Auditor
Salary Range: $39,983-$55,530
Closing Date: 09/08/13
Job Code AUN04603 Grade 21
Under the leadership of Superintendent John Huppenthal, the Arizona Department of Education is committed to our mission of ensuring academic excellence for all students. We are always seeking highly qualified professionals who share our passion for enriching students’ lives! For more information about ADE, please visit http://www.azed.gov/ .
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, supplemental and dependent life insurance and short-term disability which will be effective 09/14/13 as a State of Arizona employee). Also provided are a deferred compensation plan, sick leave, vacation leave, and 10 paid holidays per year. It is mandatory to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System plan (ASRS), which includes long-term disability (after a 27 week waiting period as a state of Arizona employee).
The Arizona Department of Education (ADE) Audit Section is seeking two Average
Daily Membership (ADM) Auditors.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Perform financial, compliance or average daily membership audits of school districts and charter schools receiving basic state aid equalization funding
- Draft audit reports, participate in quality control processes
- Travel is required for this position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Principles and practices of auditing in a government environment
- Federal and State laws
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with supervisors, peers and school personnel
- Interact with supervisors, peer, and school personnel
- conceptualize needed audit work and audit findings
- Write audit documentation including work papers, report drafts, and other audit documentation
SPECIAL SELECTION FACTOR(S):
- Preference will be given to those applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other discipline that involves quantitative and qualitative research .
- Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
- Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The Arizona Department of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov .
Pref1, Pref2, Pref3, Pref4
State of Arizona - 30+ days ago
Government Related Activities. Arizona, nicknamed the Grand Canyon State, became the 48th state on February 14, 1912. Approximately...