Position Summary: A self motivated, organized individual with CAD experience. The individual must be a dedicated team player and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Advanced skills in 2D software experience
• Working knowledge of VLISP and VLIDE
• Able to create AutoCAD toolbars and ribbons as needed per project
• Exceptional computer skills including: Excel, Word, Access & Outlook
• Experience in reading and interpreting P&ID’s, PFD’s, Piping Layouts, and Isometric drawings and specifications.
• Superior organization and communication skills.
• Senior level drafting position performs difficult and complex work assignments involving independent judgment to determine a course of action consistent with established functional and organization's policies and goals. Ability to lead and/or train lesser seasoned individuals. Familiar with basic engineering and/or design/drafting concepts. Able to complete tasks in accordance with project procedures and applicable codes and/or standards. Able to discuss routine technical problems and communicate effectively with immediate supervisor and other project personnel.
• May lead a small project or a phase of a large project performing project discipline administrative tasks including: developing and monitoring manpower and schedule requirements, establishing discipline design requirements, maintaining design and drafting data, and preparing work share packages. Ensures project discipline deliverables for technical quality, accuracy and compliance with Company standards.
• Able to utilize advanced PC, 2D CAD, and 3D tools (if applicable), and other applicable hardware and software to perform duties. Proficient in drafting and able to utilize tools effectively as well as provide training and conduct simple checking as needed. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to effectively teach what they know to other employees.
• Commitment to customer service and ability to guide department personnel in partnership with and during manager's absence is essential. Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Able to lead and/or train project teams. Perform difficult drafting/design and/or technical support assignments, requiring the application of advanced drafting and fundamental drafting techniques, in accordance with established standards and procedures.
• Typically will regularly interface with departmental staff and middle and upper management, and frequently with outside customers.
• Willingness to travel or to accept field assignments
• Ability to work effectively in teams
• General attributes required of all Mistras employees include: Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Basic Leadership Skills.
Education: Degree (Drafting/CAD), or equivalent experience.
Experience: A minimum of 1-6 years piping experience, including a thorough understanding of routing, and piping layout. Prior experience with Isometrics is a plus.
Mistras Group, Inc. (Mistras) is a global provider of technology-enabled, non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the...