Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for an AUTOMATION ENGINEER at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania on our Instrumentation and Equipment Technology Team.
The successful candidate will be a strong team player with the ability to provide process controls support to a variety of R&D, Plant Operations, and Manufacturing Projects. Candidate will be able to develop control system software, design process control systems, and specify hardware / software from basic functional specifications.
Key Skills and Responsibilities will include:
- Development of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) / Distributed Controls Systems (DCS) programs (Allen Bradley or Siemens Platforms).
- Configuration of PC based Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI) (any of the following: Allen Bradley FactoryTalk View, GE Cimplicity, Wonderware, Win CC).
- Specification of PLC & DCS hardware including CPUs, I/O modules, and Bus interfaces.
- Knowledge of field bus protocols including HART communications, Profibus, and Ethernet, etc.
- Use of test equipment (Digital multi-meter, loop calibrator, Oscilloscope) for troubleshooting, commissioning, and plant start up.
- Knowledge of low voltage power distribution systems (Variable Frequency Drives, motor starters, heater controls, etc.).
- Understanding of AC/DC electrical schematics.
- Specification of process controls instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow, level).
- Develop cost estimates and manage project execution.
- Design & develop automatic data acquisition systems.
** Qualified candidates will have a BS degree in Engineering, Science, Computer Science or equivalent degree with 3 + years experience, or MS degree with 1+ years experience in developing PLC/DCS programs.
** Solid computer/networking skills and the ability to use test equipment (Digital multi-meter, loop calibrator, Oscilloscope) are required.
** Familiarity with either Allen Bradley Control Logix, GE, or Siemens platforms desired. Proven record of PLC/DCS process control system software development.
** The successful candidate should also have a demonstrated track record of success with team efforts.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had revenues of $10.1 billion, operations in over 40 countries, and 18,900 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #10354BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...