NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD
DIVISION OF MILITARY & NAVAL AFFAIRS (MNHF)
LATHAM, NY 12110-2224
SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE IAW DMNA 690-4, CHAPTER 6
POSITION TITLE AND NUMBER:
T13-157A, AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC, D0348P01, WG-5823-10
109TH AW, SCOTIA, NY 12302
ANNOUNCEMENT OPENS: 26 FEB 2013 CLOSES: 26 MAR 2013
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the New York Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
This position is located in the Multipurpose Maintenance Section of the Vehicle Management Flight, Logistics ReadinessSquadron, Mission Support, ANG Aviation Wing .
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: STATEWIDE
STATEWIDE: ALL MILITARY TECHNICIANS IN THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD, ALL MEMBERS OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD (INCLUDES AGR).
Must already be a member of the NY Air National Guard.
Must be a U.S. Citizen. DUTIES:
The purpose of this position is to maintain, repair and modify various types of motor vehicles, both gasoline and diesel powered.
In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to maintain and repair automotive vehicles. Must have knowledge of where and how components, accessories, and parts of systems, such as wheel cylinders, fuel lines, condensers, etc. are installed. Must have the ability to use test equipment, reference material and manuals, and maintain tools and equipment.
Experience or training performing a variety of complex automotive maintenance procedures without assistance. Experience which demonstrates knowledge and use of a wide variety of test and measuring instruments in identifying the need for repair and adjustment or in checking the tolerance and fit specifications of repaired components and assemblies.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Skill in troubleshooting hard-to-find vehicle defects or problems and determining repairs needed.
2. Knowledge sufficient to troubleshoot, repair, install or rebuild complex major systems and assemblies.
3. Skill in use of all related special power tools, hand tools and a wide variety of test equipment (e.g. test stands, oscilloscopes, compression gauges, engine and chassis dynamometers etc, common to the trade).
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
- RESUME HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/interactive/Benefits#icc . OTHER INFORMATION:
- If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants. BENEFITS:
Under 32 USC 709, Veterans Preference does NOT apply.
For a complete list of Job Vacancy Announcements available at the New York National Guard, please visit our website at http://dmna.ny.gov/jobs/jobs.php?id=tech .
usajobs.gov - 13 months ago
Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command (TACOM)
- 20 hours ago
Firestone Complete Auto Care
Firestone Complete Auto Care
- 16 days ago
Trailer Mechanic - 5mt
- 19 hours ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...