The Army's Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation vision is to be the driving force for programs and services that provide for the Army's home and enhance the lives of its Soldiers, Families, Civilians and Military Retirees. We strive to provide these programs and services resulting in a quality of life to Soldiers and Families commensurate with their sacrifice and service. If you are searching for an exciting career serving our Soldiers and Families, then FMWR is the place for you.
LOCATION: AIR ASSAULT AUTO SKILLS CENTER This is a "Flexible" position (0-40 hours) with no eligibility to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plans. You must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. ***A copy of a valid state side driver's license is REQUIRED to be attached at the time of application.***
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Medical Evaluation is required
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship and/or Permanent U.S, Residency is required
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment check IAW AR 215-3 required
- Copy of valid state side driver's license is required
The duties of an automotive mechanic include:
- Troubleshooting malfunctions/failures and performs required adjustments/repairs
- Use of a variety of testing equipment such as tech, dwell, timing light, oscilloscopes, compression gauges, emission analyzers, engine and chassis dynamometers, charging system meters, combustion analyzer, air conditioning, or diagnostic unit to diagnose problems
- Install, repair or replace automotive items that involves moderate complexity with the following systems: ignitions, charging, exhaust, brakes, air conditioning, front suspension, emission control, fuel, starting and drive train assembly
- Assist in performing repairs to engines, transmissions, differentials, and suspensions
- Operate motor vehicles for the purposes of road testing or moving vehicles in or out of work area
- Adjust settings, according to manufacturers, specifications, for ignition point and timing voltage regulator, points, gapping spark plugs, engine idle or carburetor air/fuel mixtures
- Explain repair requirements and cost estimates to patrons
- Comply with fire, safety, sanitation and security regulations
- Read and follow manufacturer's instructions for proper use of tools for the job
- Adjust, clean, oil and change attachments on machinery
- Complete repairs and adjustments in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and service bulletins
- Performs other duties as assigned
Thorough knowledge of the makeup, operation, and installation of complex major automobile systems and assemblies to troubleshoot and repair systems such as: gasoline and diesel engines; automatic and manual transmissions and gear reduction systems; transaxles; drive line and rear axle assemblies including electrical, air, vacuum, or mechanically controlled differentials; electrical and electronic systems and accessories; carbureted and electronic fuel injection systems; exhaust and emission control systems; conventional and power steering mechanisms and hydraulic power-assist systems; and other systems of similar complexity. Ability to troubleshoot and replace standard electronic components of systems. Ability to interpret and apply manufacturers' repair manuals and technical specifications, schematics and engineering drawings, diagnostic codes, computer printouts, and safety manuals. Skill in the use of hand/power tools, and electronic test equipment. Possess the ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds and frequently stand, bend, reach, stretch, stoop and work in uncomfortable positions for prolonged periods of time. Possess and maintain a valid state side driver's license. ***A copy of the valid state side driver's license is REQUIRED to be attached at the time of application.***
Best qualified candidates will possess ASE Certification which needs to be attached at the time of application. ***Candidates that meet the highly preferred criterion will be referred to the selection official first. Candidates that meet the minimum qualifications will be referred if the best qualified list is returned without a selection.***
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Able to work days, nights, weekends, and some holidays.
5. Direct deposit of pay is required.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
7. A copy of a valid state side driver's license is required to be attached at the time of application.
8. Employee will be exposed to drafts, noise, dirt, dust, grease, and automotive fumes that may cause irritation.
9. Employee will use standard safety equipment such as gloves, ear protectors, and safety glasses.
10. Employee will possess their own tools to utilize and bring during working hours.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
Ability to do the work of an Automotive Mechanic without more than normal supervision; minimum qualifications; conditions of employment; best qualified criterion, knowledge of equipment assembly; installation and repair; ability to interpret instructions; and integrity of certification.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
This position is a "Flexible" position (0-40 hours weekly) with no eligibility to participate in NAF Employee Benefits.
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Non-appropriated Fund Instrumentalities is an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 12 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...