This part-time position is responsible for a wide variety of media, AV and scoreboard services and equipment, and requires a personable, well-rounded individual to work independently with hands-on responsibilities.
Concentration is on the set up, operation, maintenance, organization and deployment of technologies throughout Barclays Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with the event and facilities teams to prepare for all games & special events
• Prepare, set and test all AV equipment ahead of events start time to ensure all functions are working properly
• Operation of Advance AV Equipment - Audio & Sound System Technology for events and press conferences
• Set up field microphones for pre-game and half-time ceremonies and help oversee part-time audio staff
• Oversee operations staff for set up and breakdown of lower field fascia scoreboards for all events
• Extensive installation and/or minor repair/replacement of systems and equipment such as TV’s and amplifiers
• Perform routine maintenance to AV equipment and maintain a clean, labeled, and organized inventory of equipment and tools
• Set up, installation, upkeep and management of all portable multimedia equipment
• Maintain an inventory and maintenance log of all AV equipment
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in a similar role or related field OR a combination of relevant education and experience
Knowledge of functions and operation of AV equipment used for a multi-purpose sports and entertainment facility
Working knowledge of stadium audio systems, portable audio setups, PC and Mac operating systems, video cameras, wireless microphones, intercom systems
Basic knowledge of AV integration and installation
Familiar with cable pulling, rack wiring, and termination techniques as well as basic soldering skills a plus
Good communication, time management, project management and organizational skills a must.
Attention to detail and experience working in a team oriented environment required.
Must be able to troubleshoot technical issues under pressure
Must possess a very strong technical background
Must possess a “self-starter”, entrepreneurial personality
Must have aptitude to function in a sometimes repetitive environment
Ability to work in control room and machine room settings
Ability to work long hours covering games and events on nights, weekends, and holidays at the Barclays Center
Up to 10%
Req Create Date:
AEG - 2 years ago