Department: Homestead ARB
Agency: Air Force Personnel Center
Job Announcement Number: 5D-ART-923038-910601-YMH
SALARY RANGE: $50204 to $65260/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 to Tuesday, July 16, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0301-09/09
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Homestead AFB, FL
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Current Permanent Air Force Employees Only
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. They are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
Air Reserve Technician (ART) Positions : For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212.
Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserves. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position & unit) on their application.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- Direct, control and monitor the operation and maintenance of the Aviation Resource Management System (ARMS). Establish operating procedures to ensure the timely and accurate processing of all aviation management data.
- Monitor accomplishment of requirements in the appropriate instructions and manuals. Develop inquiry/retrieval strategies to meet local unique requirements.
- Ensure all aircrew members receive the appropriate type of flight incentive pay. Monitor all flying accomplished by aircrew members in conditional incentive pay status.
- Draft proposed directives/memorandums and instructions/operating procedures with the preview of instructions of higher headquarters, as required by local conditions and in accordance with known policies of the director.
- Develop ways to improve work methods and processes. Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust priorities and prepare schedules for completion of work.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in federal service which equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position and that is typically in or related to the position of the position being filled. Specialized experience is experience gained while providing assistance managing all operations resource and aviation management activities by using an Aviation Resource Management or equivalent system for all flying personnel in an organization.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-07 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas :
1. Knowledge of aircraft types and aircrew composition.
2. Knowledge of aviation service eligibility directives.
3. Skill and ability to operate ARMS and its system interfaces and to troubleshoot/resolve system technical problems.
4. Knowledge and experience using a personal computer (a variety of software and hardware, i.e., word processor, spreadsheet, graphic presentations, e-mail, etc.)
5. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program . In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent". It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the Verification of Military Experience and Training Web Site to obtain this information, click here
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below) Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, July 16, 2013
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 923038 . Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144 . All support documents should be uploaded to your USAJOBS account and included with your application package. Faxing documents should be used as a last resort; do not fax duplicate documents.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Please note: The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire in Section 25 of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which continuously numbers from number one, while the Questionnaire starts each section of questions with number one. When entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX .
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144 . Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here . Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located here :
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
- Eligibility Documentation , SF50
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
29050 CORAL SEA BLVD
Air Force Acquisition - 17 months ago