Part time position
Less than 15 hours per week - Actual work schedule is dependent upon the job.
This job announcement is established for the purpose of recruiting non-permanent, temporary staff
for AVID Tutor positions for the 2013/2014 school year.
Position Description: This hourly tutor will have a flex schedule and could work one or more days a week, at one or more schools.
The ideal tutor will:
Compensation: This is a part-time position working less than 15 hours a week. The rate of pay is $15 per hour. This is a non-benefited position
- Take an active part in developing the academic and personal strength of AVID students;
- Become familiar with and grounded in AVID strategies (WICOR, writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization and reading);
- Become a master of each stage of AVID tutorial and the inquiry learning process;
- Assist AVID students in developing personal pride;
- Provide academic support for students in rigorous courses;
- Serve as a role model/mentor to AVID students;
- Be an active learner, not the expert.
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a criminal background check.
Please visit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr to complete an electronic application.
- 21 months ago - save job