This position is responsible for managing trade spending budget, promotional evaluation and database development. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing financial analysis, providing financial insight regarding account P&Ls, recording and settling trade promotions and serving as a financial liaison to the Sales and Consumer Marketing departments.
Trade Spending Management:
- Manage trade spending budget and monitor actual spending v. forecast.
- Book monthly trade spending liability (evaluate trade deals in AMI system to ensure deals are properly recorded).
- Maintain full year trade spending expense by category and customer, above and below the line - trade deals, BOGOs, Rollbacks and displays, and by month.
- Issue monthly executive trade spend reports (e.g 3 year schedule of spend by category and customer).
- Work closely with field sales personnel to monitor trade spend, including settling amounts in the trade promotion system (GELCO).
- Document opportunities and risks to trade spending plans.
- Perform financial analysis on promotional funding request from field sales (ROI, Net Sales Lift, Cost per incremental unit, etc.). Present at monthly category strategy meetings.
- Follow-up on large unresolved customer deductions.
- Summarize for Executive Team and Senior Sales personnel trade spending opportunities and risks.
- Play financial role in annual budgeting process, particularly in areas of trade spending and sales fixed costs. Specific emphases on trade spend strategy and allocation of funds.
- Analyze trade promotion results by (1) account, (2) type of event, (2) versus other accounts and (3) channel.
- Develop promotion evaluation methodology for accounts with no syndicated or POS data.
- Develop tool for Field Sales to evaluate various trade promotion options ("ROI model").
- Perform "what if" modeling on various trade spending options.
- Analyze post-promotion KPIs. Compare to forecast and share learnings with Field Sales and Marketing.
- Utilize Trade Promotions KPIs to forecast future performance and evaluate various promotional options.
- Ensure trade promotion liability is accurately reflected on the books.
- Develop and implement trade promotion/ account P&L database and reporting tool.
- Develop Trade Fuel Management database (COGNOS).
- Develop Trade Promotion Evaluation Tool (COGNOS).
- Develop Automated Account / Channel P&L (OGX Client).
- Investigate possibilities to automate M-1 schedule (Displays, GWP Programs).
10+ years of relevant finance or accounting experience primarily supporting a Sales or Brand Marketing function.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
Prior experience leading a finance team required.
Strong computer skills required ; must have expert-level experience with Excel and Word
Expert-level financial reporting experience and use of SAP, Hyperion, Lawson GL or similar systems highly desirable.
Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, influencing skills and interpersonal skills.
Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management, especially senior management.
Proven performance record w/ ability to progress to VP level in 2 years.
L'OREAL USA - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products.
Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with a...