This position serves as the focal point for compliance risk management activities for the Mortgage operation. This role is accountable for Operational Compliance implementation and controls.
Incumbent has required leadership skills to enable the team to ensure appropriate staffing and organizational structure is in place to support the mortgage operation. Serves as the compliance risk management expert providing federal regulatory interpretation and partnering with business to ensure adequate processes and procedures are in place to effectively monitor and manage compliance risk. Responsible for coordinating with quality control testing to validate in a timely manner that processes, procedures and controls are effective and working as designed. This is a cross functional position within a matrix organization, therefore requiring the ability to work effectively towards common goals and resolve natural conflicts harmoniously
Education and experience
- Minimum of eight years experience in both mortgage and/or consumer lending compliance;
- Minimum three years management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively lead other professionals;
- Direct experience and proven ability in partnering with the businesses in converting regulations into technical requirements. Must possess direct business knowledge to provide input and direction on how to implement a regulation versus solely communicating what is required.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Requires knowledge of mortgage lending operations, finance and regulatory compliance in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in federal consumer lending regulations (TILA, RESPA, HMDA, ECOA, Flood Disaster Protection Act, FCRA, Fair Debt Collections, and other consumer protection laws and regulations), federal examination procedures, and compliance risk management.
- Proven leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to build a group and realize goals.
- Strong project management and organization skills;
- Ability to effectively achieve both business and compliance goals by providing balanced solutions to regulatory requirements;
- Communication skills, verbal and written, capable of expressing complex issues to a broad audience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively achieve both business and compliance goals by providing balanced solutions to regulatory requirements.
New Penn Financial LLC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard