Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, and wealth and investment management. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
As a leading global wealth and investment manager, Barclays provides international and private banking, wealth planning, trust and fiduciary services, investment management, brokerage services and research to private and intermediary clients across the world. Additionally our clients benefit from access to the breadth of personal, corporate and investment banking expertise across Barclays, one of the largest financial services groups in the world.
Our mission is to set a new standard in wealth management by understanding our clients better than anyone else. In pursuit of this objective, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who seek opportunities for self-improvement and career progression. Our long-term agenda can only be achieved through close collaboration and a shared sense of empathy, integrity and trust.
The role holder will support the Financial Controller to ensure that all deadlines and deliverables in the financial reporting process are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with the Financial Control governance processes ensuring they operate effectively identifying and embedding improvements in processes specifically:
o General Ledger Controls / balance sheet reconciliation
o Letter of Representation process
o Intercompany eliminations/ mismatches
o Account Ownership and Reconciliation
- Assist in the analytical review of entity balance sheet and profit and loss ensuring adequate understanding of material movements
- Engagement with Performance and Planning Finance colleagues to understand month end results and explain significant variances
- Engagement with Operations, Sales Compensation Teams, Barclays Capital Inc. Financial Control and Product Control teams ensuring end to end operational controls are understood & effective and financial reporting issues are resolved
- Engagement with the accounting operations team based in Glasgow / India.
- Participate and provide support in the audit engagements with PwC and Regulators
- Document and maintain process and procedure notes, supporting working papers including systems , trades, and data flow diagrams
- Responsible for the data integrity of the general ledger and supporting systems including account set up, maintenance, and mapping tables
- Perform daily activities such as production of reports, updating of records, and daily account reconciliations
- Support ad-hoc requests as assigned and input into business driven initiatives and projects
- BA/BS Degree
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Control role within financial services
- CPA/CFA preferred
- Knowledge of SAP
Barclays Investment Bank
- 3 years ago - save job
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...