The Kemper Services Group is seeking to hire an experienced Assistant Vice President to join our IT team in Dallas, TX. The AVP is accountable for the business relationship with the Dallas based Specialty Non-Standard Insurance management team, and the overall delivery and communication of the delivery and support of those business operations applications and services. Has responsibility for supporting small to large complex software projects that have a long-term impact on various business units.
Must be proficient in:
• Managing the priority setting process with business line management, by deeply understand the business strategy
• Leading complex program/projects involving planning, coordinating and controlling risk leveraging standard practices and processes
• Ensuring effective communication between direct staff, management, internal customers, executive leadership and key stakeholders to manage expectations, provide updates and escalate issues
• Defining, managing and resolving delivery and operational challenges
• Work within IT team and with corporate to support security, operations and compliance
•10+ years of progressive IT management experience including projects involving Enterprise Solutions, Outsourcing and Web based technologies
•Previous Property & Casualty Specialty Non-Standard Insurance experience preferred
•Extensive project and release management experience related to application development and integration
•Experience managing successful multi-million dollar software project implementations
•Eight or more years of progressively more responsible work experience in a corporate software development environment
•Experience leading and managing the work of development teams to ensure that specific phases of the project are completed on time and within budget from inception to completion
•Ability to communicate ideas and information in a manner that is clear and concise for varied audiences (both written and verbal)
•Minimum Bachelors Degree or education equivalent to a college degree in computer science or related field, or the equivalent in related work experience
Apply Online: https://www9.ultirecruit.com/UNI1042/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1355
Kemper Corporation’s Property and Casualty Insurance Group is made up of Kemper Preferred and Kemper Specialty, which sell personal lines and commercial auto insurance through a network of independent agents; and Kemper Direct, which sells personal auto and homeowners insurance directly to consumers.
This group represents 73% of Kemper’s $2.5 billion of annual insurance premiums.
Our employees enjoy great Benefits
•Choice of healthcare plans
•Choice of dental plans
•Flexible paid time off program
•Business casual dress
•401(k) with matching
•Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
•Employee referral bonuses
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Kemper Corporation - 17 months ago