The IT Innovation & IP Management Practice Lead plays a collaborative role in the vision and strategic direction for Technology Innovation at LPL Financial. The Lead supports the creation, management, and protection of technology –based Intellectual Property (IP), and is a liaison between the Strategy and Planning organization, the other parts of the Business Technology Services organization and our business sponsors, business partners and customers. The individual will:
- Champion a culture of innovation to ensure the sharing of ideas across the organization
- Sponsor and initiate Strategic Initiatives during incubation stages to layer into division priorities and operations.
- Manage the BTS Patent practice, serving as liaison to LPL’s Legal team in this area, as well as central coordinator for patents across BTS.
- Collaborate with management, Stakeholders and third parties to manage ideas from inception to implementation, review and document existing innovation processes and develop improvement plans
- Facilitate structured ideation sessions utilizing the methodologies delineated by the organization
- Support the creation, development, management, and protection of IP, and reports IP opportunities to partner IP teams
- Support IP Compliance across BTS and ensures IP Education across the organization
- Provide ongoing support and counsel for IT innovation initiatives, including planning and facilitating engagements and programs.
- Work across multi-disciplinary IT teams to bring innovation expertise to our product management teams and client base
- Display strong public speaking and facilitation skills, compelling writing ability, comfort discussing a broad range of business topics, and keen passion for creativity and innovation.
- By balancing the irreverent with the responsible, the flexible with the details, and the fun with the strategic, this individual will leave clients saying, “Wow. I want to work with them again.”
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and a willingness to contribute to the firm’s knowledge assets and team development.
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a BS/BA in business, computer sciences, or financial services related field required. MBA preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be a curious, self-directed and skilled leader with 5+ years of business experience with a proven, measurable track record of success.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of LEAN processes and Project Management
- Must have strong IP knowledge and/or interest in IP and innovation
- Background in innovation & creativity consulting, management consulting, strategy consulting, organizational development consulting, marketing/advertising or brand management is preferred.
- Those who have led innovation efforts within organizations are desired. The best candidate will bring a deep understanding of and a strong skill-set in advising senior clients and providing professional consulting services.
- Experience with some of the following: project and program management, new product/idea development (inspirational/creative approaches), branding, marketing, culture and organizational development, training, consumer insights (use of non-traditional sources of inspiration), strategic thinking and planning, business strategy, facilitation, and client relationship management.
- Appreciate and display strong interest in the power of creativity and innovation to positively impact business and organizations.
- Strategic thinking: Has a clear understanding of and working experience with Business Architecture and IT Strategic modeling and operations.
- Openness to change and flexibility: Exhibits a readiness to deal with changing client demands and project scope.
- Personal impact: Projects to others through actions and manner a positive impression of personal credibility, professionalism and integrity.
- Communication: Demonstrates the ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Teamwork: Respects the contributions of all team members and values diversity
- Organizational influencing: Develops effective business strategies and interpersonal style to foster alignment toward objectives. Gets energized by building relationships and synergies.
- Achievement/drive: Constantly focuses on executing customers’ objectives and strategies. Demonstrates a sense of urgency, yet remains calm under pressure.
- Personal effectiveness: Possesses high standards of integrity and confidentiality. Someone who is able to adjust to multiple demands and has the personal desire to achieve challenging objectives with intelligence, analysis, pragmatism, resilience, positive attitude, drive and enthusiasm. Pursues learning and self-development.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software
LPL Financial Services - 12 months ago