About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Position Overview :
TSTC Abilene campus is currently seeking an AVP. The Abilene AVP will coordinate community outreach, manage a local campus, supervise key personnel, support student recruiting and retention efforts and serve as the public representative for TSTC in Abilene. The AVP will promote TSTC Abilene at community events, serve as an ambassador for TSTC, prepare and present public presentations on TSTC and cultivate a strong relationship with the Abilene community. The AVP will support as designated student recruitment and retention but will not serve as the direct supervisor for these areas. The AVP will oversee local budgets, student groups, solicit sponsorship and scholarships as assigned and perform other duties as assigned. If you are a visionary and have a passion for growing leaders we encourage you to apply.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to achieve institutional enrollment and retention goals.
- Provide assessment reports (semester) to administrative offices on the effectiveness of recruitment/retention efforts.
- Assist the Vice President for Student Development in the formulation, submission, and evaluation of State required recruitment/retention initiatives and plans.
- Assist the Retention Coordinator in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and services to decrease student attrition.
- Facilitate faculty and staff involvement in recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Facilitate the implementation of strategic initiatives designed to recruit and retain special populations (e.g. ethnic minorities, women, disabled, etc.)
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills (oral and written).
- Actively participate in resource development efforts.
- Management skills in supervision, planning, budgeting, and programming.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with faculty, staff, administrators, and external public.
- Ability to provide visionary and transformational leadership, initiate creative ideas and approaches to mundane tasks, and assume calculated risks to achieve goals.
- Ability to assess and evaluate personnel, processes, and activities in a positive and effective manner.
Minimum Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s Degree in Educational Administration, Student Services Administration, or a related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Fundraising experience a plus, experience developing and maintaining community partnerships preferred.
Annual Salary: $60, 904
Texas State Technical College ( www.tstc.edu) consists of four technical colleges: TSTC Harlingen, TSTC Marshall, TSTC Waco and TSTC West...