Highly technical, exciting and challenging opportunity to work on a sophisticated global Voice network! This technical position directly contributes to the stability and performance of the complex operations of iBasis’ Network.
- Implement configuration for Ericsson AXE switches through MML commands.
- Establish and test new interconnections on our global network.
- Execute orders provided by and work closely together with the Deployment Project Manager.
- Test changes prior to implementation, evaluate test results and provide feedback accordingly.
- Carry out and complete projects such as customer and provider migrations to new iBasis platforms.
- Modify AXE switch routing, B-number analysis and routing cases for New interconnects, decommission and migrations of existing connections.
- Clean-up, rework and build of switch analysis tables and configuration as needed for architecture changes and new switches as and when needed
- Provide expertise to projects relating to new services/products, systems and processes.
- Keep the documentation updated as result of all orders and projects in relevant (network administration) systems.
- Periodic check on switch analysis configuration and documentation systems to maintain the integrity and proper functioning of the systems
- Working with peers and other departments to correct errors and enhancements needed for documentation and process flows
- Create and maintain documentation on process and working instructions.
- Act as escalation support and provide consultation as required to others engineers and project manager in various teams on, switch analysis, test facilities and circuit group parameters in relation to projects and interconnect work
- Provide second line support, troubleshooting and recommend/implement corrective changes to assist NOC in addressing customer issues and trouble tickets
- Training for new employees and peers in other functions like NOC to improve the knowledge base and reduce escalations
- Minimum of 6 to 10 years experience working with a CLEC, iLEC, LD or equivalent facilities based telecom carrier.
- Detail oriented, thorough and accurate and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong working knowledge of MS products.
- User level knowledge of Business Objects reporting and Remedy Trouble ticketing system or comparable system.
- Strong demonstrated skill as a self starter, ability to plan/complete independent projects and work well with cross-functional organizations.
- Excellent communications skills.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical degree preferred.
This iBasis job description is subject to change in the Company’s sole discretion. Like all iBasis job descriptions, this description is intended to provide an overview of the necessary responsibilities and job related qualifications. It does not list every responsibility nor is it intended to be a complete representation of expectations and criteria. This job may change to facilitate our evolving business and the overall NOC operations.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years operational experience with Ericsson AXE10.
- Strong knowledge of international /long distance telephony concepts and networks.
- Through understanding of inner working of AXE switches, routing cases and other configurations for the same
- Understanding of transport level facilities such as E1, T1 and STM1.
- Understanding of voice terminology and protocols such as SS7 and ISDN
iBasis - 19 months ago