Ab Initio Developer-722739
Participates in technical design, development and implementation of application systems. Works with designer/analysts to implement enhancements or new applications in a mainframe environment. Attends meetings to understand desired results, coding, unit and/or system testing, and documents changes. Occasionally requires troubleshooting and correcting production issues in emergency type situations. May also direct work of junior application developers.
- Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs. Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
- Writes new programs of moderate complexity and scope, working with basic applications, systems designs, and specifications and utilizing standard procedures and techniques
- Interfaces with system designers to design, code, test and implement application programs. Assists in developing application specifications
- Participates in post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process to maximize and share learning
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 years of experience in Application Development using Ab Initio, SQL, Unix, Linux
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science
- Microsoft/Sun Certification, Java, NET, SQL, ORACLE, UNIX
- 5 years of experience in Application Development using Ab Initio, SQL, Unix, Linux
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Richmond-Richmond-West Creek 4 (12074)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : No
Job Posting :
Unposting Date :
Capital One - 20 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...