Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO's Information Services Department's Enterprise Data Warehouse team is actively seeking an experienced Applications Developer with a record of accomplishment in designing and building applications. This candidate will participate in the maintenance and enhancement of existing applications using the Ab Initio tool/language as well as developing new systems in support of the EDW.
The qualified candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and 5 years of experience in:
* Ab Initio developement experience;
* Ability to independently complete a batch development project of high complexity through all life cycle phases, including all project documentation;
* Unix, Unix scripting, and SQL coding (DB2 preferred)
Nice to have:
* Mainframe knowledge, warehousing knowledge, and familiarity with one or more ETL tools (Ab Initio, DTS, Data Stage, Informatica, etc.).
Additional Required Skills:
* Ability to communicate and interact effectively with management, users, developers, and team members at all levels through both verbal and written means;
* Exceptional quantitative, analytical, diagnostic, debugging, and problem solving skills;
* Ability to provide well-thought out and thorough technical solutions for problem solving and decision making;
* Consensus building and demonstrated skills at driving a technical consensus;
* Ability to multi-task, maintain an organized environment, and work independently;
* Ability to be a team player and a self-starter;
* Show an appropriate sense of urgency;
* High level of dependability; and
* Permanent U.S. work authorization.
$90,000 - $100,000 based on experience
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
wp123, ind123, dbt, gdoorit
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...