***IU Employees Only***
Provide academic advising and counseling for prospective students and current enrollee in the General Studies Degree Program. Serve as the liaison for employees of business and industry within Marion and the eight contiguous counties promoting the General Studies Degree Program, the Center for Adult and Lifelong Learning, The Division of Continuing Studies and the Community Learning Network, and IUPUI and fostering awareness, outlining academic plans of study and course work for the bachelor degrees for each student.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Provide academic advising and counseling for prospective students and current enrollees within the General Studies Degree Program.
• Assist students with career goal identification through discussion of areas of interest, academic capability and persistence, and department major/minor requirements.
• Prepare, maintain and advise students regarding academic records and plans of study for the bachelor degree within the General Studies Program.
• Participate in delivery of Adult Degree Completion seminars.
• Participate in the General Studies Degree Academic Advising Committee as well as serving on other committees for IUPUI.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work describe herein.
Required: Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with one year of relevant work experience; or Bachelor's degree with 3 years.
The applicant should have excellent communication skills and familiarity with the General Studies Degree Program and with academic programs helpful.
Indiana University - 7 months ago