Performs academic advising, educational, professional, or other basic academic advising or training at the individual or group level as appropriate. Work is performed under supervision with performance based on individual advising effectiveness and overall program results obtained.
• Complies with TTU policies, procedures and work rules
• Advises and informs online, off-campus, and local BUS students of progress toward graduation
• Retrieves information from student records systems (audits, transcripts, enrollments, addresses, test scores, etc…)
• Evaluates transfer courses, pulls student files, writes and prints check sheets, and updates graduation intent for BUS degree plans
• Performs initial audit of degree plans and graduation list
• Obtains final approval of degree plans from the Analytical Adviser for the Office of the Provost
• Advises all incoming students regarding admissions, financial aid, veterans
’ affairs and other general areas not specific to the degree plan
• Refers all non- BUS students to the adviser appropriate to their degree plan
• Provides appropriate assistance to TTU constituency
• Communicates information to other regional campus advisers, faculty, staff and other institutions
• Assists students who report difficulty and provides direction to other areas as necessary
• Attends advising related meetings on updates and policies and procedures relevant to processing undergraduate students
• Assembles recruiting information and promotional handouts
• Sets up college displays and answers questions
• Maintains an up to date comprehensive knowledge of Banner student applications
• Reviews, processes, updates student related forms and other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required; one year related experience preferred.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I Position: Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted.
Master’s degree preferred
Multiple years advising experience preferred
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is located in Waco, Texas
Please provide the following with your application:
• Cover Letter
• Letter of Recommendation
Hourly Pay Range
13.16 -15.97 - 18.78
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.