Assists the Dean at the campus level, plans and directs a specific department, discipline, and/or program(s).
Typical Essential Duties for Positions in this Classification
Under direction of Dean, develops, prepares, and updates program course material.
- Advises students in program planning, course selection, and career guidance.
- Maintains campus departmental office.
- Interviews, recommends mentors and evaluates adjunct instructors within the specific department, discipline, and/or program(s). in accordance with college rules, policies and procedures
- Assists the Dean regarding budget matters for the specific campus.
- Responsible for accessing and utilizing substitute instructors in accordance with college rules and policies.
- Assists the Dean in administering the attendance management system which includes analysis of the PeopleSoft attendance reports for compliance with the college attendance and withdrawal policy for students.
- Performs related duties required for the administration and management of the academic program(s) as required or assigned by Dean, Sr. VP and/or President (includes functions which may vary from one program to another such as internal and/or external committees, labs, accreditation etc. other functions determined necessary for successful management of the program).
- Teaches 9ECH in each of the Fall and Spring terms and 6ECH in the summer. 6ECH/semester will be assigned as part of base for administrative duties.
- Assists Dean and campus Provost with management of campus equipment/materials and resources.
Master’s degree in Political Science or Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Political Science.
Three (3) years teaching experience in a community college, with a demonstrated record of excellence in teaching. Angel Level II training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Physical Requirements
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
Knowledge of and ability to apply micro-computer applications for increased administrative efficiency and productivity. Experience in teaching online and technology enhanced instruction.
St. Petersburg College - 17 months ago
St. Petersburg College (commonly referred to as SPC) is a state college in Pinellas County, Florida. It is part of the Florida College...