Can you spell four-syllable words while leaping tall buildings in a single bound? Does finding and fixing a typo make you feel invincible? Do you consider incorrect APA formatting your archenemy? If so, we want you, editorial superhero! Our Academic Document Quality Coordinator is passionate about editing for grammar, formatting, and clarity. Prepare your eye for detail, turn on the “Track Changes” function, and hurry up and apply for the Quality Assurance Specialist position—we can’t wait to meet you!
The Academic Document Quality Coordinator position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Academic Document Quality Coordinator has the primary responsibility of coordinating and tracking various quality assurance projects within the Ashford Academic Affairs department.
Essential Job Duties:
• Conducts editorial reviews based on course revision schedule and e-text deployment.
• Ensures the quality and consistency of master course shells and course guides by conducting detailed editorial reviews for:
o Spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and style
o Clarity of learning outcomes, assignments, and discussion question prompts
o Consistency between course guides and master shells
o Formatting (APA and general)
o Context (for readings, discussion questions, and assignments)
o Alignment between learning outcomes, course activities, and resources
o Universal design standards
o Quality Matters™ standards
• Develops and maintains resources for instructional designers, curriculum coordinators, program managers, assessment analysts, and faculty related to style, formatting, and general editorial elements
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Proficiency in MS Office suite
• Strong communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail
• Superior grammar and spelling skills
• Copy editing experience
• Excellent research and academic writing skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Project management proficiency
• Ability to multitask
• Bachelor’s degree required
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 8 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...