Responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Provides students with basic direction, in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training (MTC) directives.
- PLC 1 (Must hold Texas Teacher's Certification)
1. Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area of instruction.
2. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or student habits.
3. Coordinate with counselors and staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
4. Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
5. Participate in personal performance evaluation panels (P/PEP).
6. Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
7. Control use of equipment and supplies; submit work requests; recommend purchases.
8. Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
9. Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for the academic department.
10. Responsible for curriculum an lesson plan development and updates necessary to link subject matter to employability skills and developing linkages between classroom instruction and vocational training.
11. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
12. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
13. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
14. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
15. Maintain accountability of students an property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree and certified to teach in the state where the center is located. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation - 16 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...