Guides and manages the administrative day-to-day academic program and the implementation of strategies by providing leadership to direct reports and by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Supervisory Responsibility: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with agency policies and applicable laws.
- Oversees and ensures the administration of pre, yearly, post and standardized tests, and the scoring of tests and ESE compliance.
- Reviews and places each girl into the PACE Program based on: transcript review, pre testing and development of individual schedules (center specific).
- Participates in the intake interview to assess the needs of each girl and family, collaborates with in-take team.
- Monitors and develops new educational services.
- Trains all academic staff including substitute teachers in accordance with guidelines set by the State of Florida; provides training to staff regarding all academic needs; teaches class as required.
- Prepares for and participates in care review meetings and facilitates on an as needed basis.
- Prepares for and participates in monthly parent/guardian meetings on an as needed basis.
- Follows the guidelines from Central Communication Center (CCC) and determines when to report incidents.
- Ensures the integration of Gender Responsive Programming and PACE Values and Guiding Principles.
- Conducts regular assemblies with the students to announce awards, educational information, upcoming events, etc.
- Uses ETO and other documentation to ensure the timely and accurate recording of IAP’s, advisee meetings, parent/guardian contact, meetings with girls, academic road maps, attendance, girls participation and monthly progress reports.
- Monitors implementations of the School Improvement Plan quarterly, provide feedback with a formal report as required.
- Prepares and submits all necessary documentation to appropriate agencies to comply with school board requirements and PACE policy; ensures the accuracy of transcripts.
- Develops and coordinates schedule/special events with Social Services Manager and other management staff.
- Processes proper registration/withdrawal documents while maintaining census.
- Oversees the implementation of the strength Based Behavior Management System.
- Monitors daily academic operations and ensures teaching standards are in accordance with Sunshine State Standards.
- Reviews Individualized Academic Plans for girls and assist teachers with implementation of plans.
- Hire, trains, supervises and evaluates academic staff on an on-going basis.
- Conducts new employee orientation; plans and conducts formal and informal supervision.
- Monitors teacher’s training requirements and ensure license certifications are current.
- Arranges for teacher substitutions when needed; teaches class as required.
- Supervises interns.
- Ensures the accuracy of girl’s grades and credits earned are documents in the local school board MIS system.
Education and/or Experience and Technical Skills:
Bachelors Degree from four-year college or university, Master’s preferred. Major in Education or a related field preferred.
- Minimum three to five years experience in an Educational or Social Services environment preferred.
- Teaching Certification required and other certification as required by district.
- Current Florida driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of educational expectations of state and school districts is preferred.
- Knowledge of laws relating to children and families preferred.
- Proficiency in computer skills, database management and/or office software is required.
- Must adhere to Agency Values and Principles.
- Upholds the ethical standards of the Agency.
- Follows policies and procedures of the Agency.
- Must work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill workload requirements.
- Must be able to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.; occasional overnight travel may be required.
PACE Center for Girls - 2 years ago