Job Description Summary
The Academic Records Administrator works closely with the student records system and registrar data. This position is responsible for timely delivery of quality customer service to ARR customers via phones, e-mail, and walk-in service.
•Coordinates delivery of services and support to on/off campus customers via telephone, email, and walk-in service (primary contact for email monitoring); ensures timely and accurate response.
•Manage transcript, verification, and loan deferment requests.
•Coordinates cross registrations and cross listed sections for Babson students and any other college’s students coming to Babson. Monitors processes and initiates changes when needed.
•Manages registration for all Graduate, Undergraduate, and Honors Independent Research projects; coordinates all independent research payments to faculty for the Payroll office.
•Primary contact for incoming Exchange students; verifies accurate entry of students’ academic records and course registration.
•Troubleshoots and provides training for faculty regarding online grading. Assists with entering grades and grade changes.
•Learns to develop customized Access reports for ARR Office and/or Babson Community.
•Tests new releases of PowerCampus academic software prior to implementation; implements new features.
•Assists with undergraduate and graduate commencement tasks.
•Provides support service regarding ITSD Portal services relating to Registrar operations; trouble shoot systems issues.
•Manage Posse program correspondence.
•Manages UG course withdrawals.
•Primary contact for design, management, and updates of “Life at Babson” website.
•Manages the registration of the students in Babson sponsored Study Abroad programs.
•Process Undergraduate and Graduate Program advanced standing, transfer credit, and posting waiver exams.
•Process course cancellations in PowerCampus and notify students as well as other course changes (times and professors).
•Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supply inventories.
•Coordinates and processes CADIVI letters; implements changes and adjustments as necessary.
•Responsible for updating relevant areas of Student Handbook
•Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s degree
• At least 1-3 year’s higher education experience
• Excellent customer service attitude
• Outstanding communication skills
• Capable of multi-tasking and working in an environment where interruptions are the norm
• Handles details accurately and timely
• Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Common Spot, Access and PowerCampus
• Desire to learn additional functions and assume responsibility
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to manage own time with minimal direction
• Thorough knowledge of registrar processes and structure of academic records, the ability to understand and use databases, with strong technical aptitude. Expected to recognize processes that could be improved through technology or process change
Additional Required Skills & Abilities