Do you thrive in a team-oriented environment that allows you to take on individual responsibilities? Do you possess the critical thinking skills needed to resolve conflict in stressful situations? Do you enjoy challenging tasks that demand good decision-making skills and accuracy?
If so, the Academic Resolution Department might be right for you. We are a small team of enthusiastic individuals that is passionate about preserving academic integrity and upholding university standards and policies. By working with students, faculty, and staff members, we ensure each student receives the opportunity to succeed.
The Academic Resolution Administrator provides support to the Manager of Academic Resolution, faculty, staff, and students. This role includes: resolving academic issues including but not limited incidents of academic dishonesty and grade appeals. The Academic Resolution Administrator will provide support to faculty and students in resolving issues and ensure students receive timely feedback. Additionally, the Academic Resolution Administrator will be responsible for collecting and maintaining student and instructor records. The Academic Resolution Administrator reports to the Manager of Academic Resolution.
Essential Job Duties:
- Resolves academic issues including but not limited to plagiarism and grade appeals.
- Provides support to faculty and students.
- Responsible for collecting and maintaining student and instructor records.
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook to manage communication and work flow.
- Ability to understand the online platform.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy when dealing with instructors and students.
- Experience with Distance Education and/or teaching experience
- Good organizational skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
- Maintains a professional and competent demeanor.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree, preferably in education.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 17 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...