Onondaga Community College is accepting applications for tutoring positions in the Educational Opportunity Program Department ( EOP ). Ideal candidates will work assigned hours which may include limited evening and weekend hours.
Primary responsibility is to provide student tutorial support services and academic mentoring to EOP students. Tutors will notify EOP staff of the academic needs of program students.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Conduct tutoring sessions for enrolled students
• Guide EOP students through the challenging areas of the curriculum
• Reference study skill materials provided by EOP staff
• Conduct outreach for academic engagement as assigned by EOP Director
• Data entry for tutorial engagement notations
• Other related duties as assigned by the EOP Director to facilitate an effective, efficient learning environment
• Attend team meetings as assigned
• 60 or more credits toward degree earned
• Tutorial Experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A courteous, proactive and positive attitude in a team oriented workforce
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
• Willingness to learn
• Problem solving skills
• Minimum GPA of B+ in tutorial subject with a cumulative of grade point average of a 3.0.
• Prior tutorial experience with individual or small groups
• Degree in a related area preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Special Instructions to Applicants
A positive supervisory recommendation for appointment is required. Please submit a letter of support.
Onondaga Community College - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard