Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2012-13 school year, 24 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 45,000 students in grades K-12 (some schools do not serve all grades) from across the U.S.
The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the U.S. and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services.
Working from our office in the Inner Harbor East area of Baltimore, the Accessibility Associate will work with the Curriculum and Instructional Services and the Student Services teams to ensure that curriculum content is accessible to students with vision and hearing impairments. The Accessibility Associate is responsible for answering an 800 number dedicated to providing curriculum content support for students with vision and hearing impairments. The Accessibility Associate will provide enhanced verbal narration and explanation of on-line instructional content for visually impaired students. The Accessibility Associate will collaborate with the Student Services team to maintain a database of course content and accessibility tools to ensure access to online and print curriculum components. The Associate will assist the department staff in remaining current and up-to-date on accessibility tools that are ever expanding. The Associate will implement the Connections Academy process for delivering closed captioning and signing during students LiveLesson® sessions. Effective communication with Connections Academy students, parents, teachers and school administrators is a key component of the job. Candidates with an education technology and/or assistive technology background are encouraged to apply.
• Answer an 800 number and respond to requests for curriculum access support by vision and hearing impaired students;
• Verbally explain the on screen visual experience to students who are visually impaired;
• Arrange for closed captioning for LiveLesson® sessions as required for Connections Academy students;
• Maintain a database of technology tools to ensure access to online and print curriculum components;
• Provide assistive technology technical assistance to Connections Academy students, families and staff;
• Utilize Excel to manipulate data reports using formulas and pivot tables;
• Complete imports of data from third party products; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• AA degree
• Experience in K-12 education, a plus
• Background in education, education technology or related field
• Technology proficient and experienced learning new technologies
• Experience with online imports and exports
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional phone manners and customer service skills
• Attention to detail a must
• High degree of flexibility
• Knowledge of assistive technology, a plus
There's nothing fishy about information from Pearson, home of salmon-colored newspaper The Financial Times. The media giant operates...