The Client Support Services (CSS) Organization employs around 100 colleagues globally. Offices are located in the hub of our major markets to facilitate client relationships, proactive service activities and to ensure client satisfaction and revenue protection.
These proactive service activities include change management, model adoption, catastrophe response, special projects and ad hoc training, as well as providing guidance on how to effectively utilize RMS products in the (re)insurance sector.
In preparation for the launch of RMS’ exciting new technology platform ‘RMS(one)’ the CSS team seeks an Account Associate (AA) to join the Account Management function in Hoboken. The CSS team works closely with the sales team to expand strategic relationships of our global key accounts and support clients in their implementation and application of new RMS technology and science. The objective of this role is to ensure high quality service and effective communications between the client and internal RMS business units.
The AA will help us develop and expand the depth and breadth of the client relationships across user buyers, technical buyers and in part economic buyers at our clients. In partnership with both the Sales Relationship and Account Managers, the AA is actively involved in delivering account engagement strategy for a number of RMS clients. The role combines strong project management and coordination skills with a high degree of personal credibility both with the client and within RMS.
Knowledge Management and Training
- Engages with relevant client touch points to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of our key clients’ workflow and business processes;
- Develop a thorough understanding of RMS(one) and associated applications and how they can be incorporated into a client’s risk management process to drive value for client.
- Interface with the sales organization to provide client knowledge that will inform and influence account client strategy, revenue generation, support services solutions, negotiations and other potential opportunities;
- Partner with the Sales Management Leadership to develop, plan and implement wider RMS initiatives within region or market segment.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Must possess a BS+2 years of experience or advanced degree. Concentration ideally in a economics, sciences, math, financial engineering or computer science subject;
- Must have a professional track record and experience in a client servicing role within insurance, software services, analytics or in a similar related field;
- Excellent client facing skills required, ideally gained in a similar position- needs to be able to relay complex and often technical concepts to broad audiences.
Prior knowledge of risk or catastrophe modeling in the insurance industry and/or RMS products and models desired but not essential as in-depth training will be provided;
- Prior experiences working in an international, multilingual and cultural environment would be advantageous;
- Ability to coordinate across different teams, working effectively in a team and as individual;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong networking and influencing skills;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must. Preference will be given to candidates with other fluent Continental European Languages;
- Flexibility to travel to domestic and international client sites and other RMS locations when required.
Did you know there’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year? And there’s a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months? We do. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you’ve ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are now evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform ‘RMS(one)’ for the global risk market. RMS(one) will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS(one).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com . Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
RMS - 9 months ago
Transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk.
RMS delivers the world's leading catastrophe risk models in...