The successful candidate will join the Christie’s Art Transport team and be responsible for arranging the domestic and /or international transport of both pre-sale and post-sale property for clients. This includes collection, packing/crating, freight, customs brokerage, insurance and delivery segments.
(Duties include but are not limited to the following):
- Arrange the logistics for domestic and international transport of client property on both a pre-sale, post-sale and tour basis, which includes determining best transport segments, such as, collection, packing/crating, freight, customs brokerage, insurance, delivery and set-up/installation.
- Procure transportation services from our preferred service vendors and seek out new suppliers.
- Manage and record individual transport requests through proprietary Christie's Filemaker system.
- Determine and assign appropriate Harmonized Tariff Codes to import/export property.
- Identify and present various transport options and cost quotes for internal and external clients
- Determine appropriate packing and transport methods using information from Christie’s Property System or other internal and external resources to identify property attributes, such as, size, weight, material, quantity, fragility, etc.
- Provide Exceptional Client service and salesmanship to our internal and external clients while solving their shipping needs.
- Provide sensitive and professional client service to assist clients toward resolution of payment and tax liability issues.
- Project based work and analysis
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience in shipping coordination with Air Export, Small Parcel or household moving (removals).
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication.
- Superior client service skills.
- Experience with US F&W, CITES, Carnets andAESpreferred.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Facility with 3-dimensional calculations, volumetrics and pricing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint Presentation software.
- Ability to quickly learn Christie’s systems including Siebel, Property System, proprietary shipping program in Filemaker Pro, intranet and new Oracle based systems.
- Strong typing skills.
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Ability to perform normal filing activities.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Basic office equipment including personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, office supplies.
Christie's, originally founded in 1766 by James Christie, pursued an innovative real estate venture in 1995 by acquiring Great Estates, a...