The successful candidate will join the Christie’s Art Transport team and be responsible for arranging the domestic and /or international transport of both pre-sale and post-sale property for clients. This includes collection, packing/crating, freight, customs brokerage, insurance and delivery segments.
(Duties include but are not limited to the following):
- Arrange the logistics for domestic and international transport of client property on both a pre-sale, post-sale and tour basis, which includes determining best transport segments, such as, collection, packing/crating, freight, customs brokerage, insurance, delivery and set-up/installation.
- Procure transportation services from our preferred service vendors and seek out new suppliers.
- Manage and record individual transport requests through proprietary Christie's Filemaker system.
- Determine and assign appropriate Harmonized Tariff Codes to import/export property.
- Identify and present various transport options and cost quotes for internal and external clients
- Determine appropriate packing and transport methods using information from Christie’s Property System or other internal and external resources to identify property attributes, such as, size, weight, material, quantity, fragility, etc.
- Provide Exceptional Client service and salesmanship to our internal and external clients while solving their shipping needs.
- Provide sensitive and professional client service to assist clients toward resolution of payment and tax liability issues.
- Project based work and analysis
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience in shipping coordination with Air Export, Small Parcel or household moving (removals).
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication.
- Superior client service skills.
- Experience with US F&W, CITES, Carnets andAESpreferred.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail.
- Facility with 3-dimensional calculations, volumetrics and pricing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint Presentation software.
- Ability to quickly learn Christie’s systems including Siebel, Property System, proprietary shipping program in Filemaker Pro, intranet and new Oracle based systems.
- Strong typing skills.
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Ability to perform normal filing activities.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Basic office equipment including personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, scanner, office supplies.