For more than 20 years America's leading colleges and universities have partnered with Royall & Company to achieve their most important student recruitment and fundraising goals. Home to roughly 300 high-energy, problem-solving professionals, Royall & Company is a fast-growing, full-service direct marketing organization 100% committed to being the valued "Richmond branch office" for each and every one of our partner institutions. If you want to join a market leader where your professional growth potential is only limited by your ability to generate outstanding partner outcomes, then Royall & Company is the place for you!
The Account Coordinator works in partnership with clients and with internal teams to shape client direct marketing strategies for student recruitment initiatives, and partners with the Strategic Leader (SL) as the decision maker for the project team for a particular client. The AC has the primary responsibility for leading client relationships in collaboration with the SL, given a client’s goals, resources and timeline. As the central client contact for assigned accounts, the position monitors and maintains the client relationship. The AC, as the center of the project team for assigned accounts, is critical to ensuring the achievement of company objectives and the long-term growth and success of the firm as a whole.
• Develop an understanding of client goals and keep abreast of changes in the client’s situation. Communicate these goals and changes to the project team. Partner with the SL in leading the team that translates institutional goals and brand identity into achievable direct response programs, working within Royall’s array of services.
• Lead and/or support testing and refinement of critical strategic and creative elements within the client’s program(s).
• Work with Strategic Leader or Senior Management as appropriate to define appropriate, cost-effective cross-sell and up-sell targets within client book. With the SL’s support, lead clients to understanding of cross-sell and up-sell options and actively champion those likely to improve the client situation.
• Support corporate process improvements, including escalated project timelines, etc.
• Serve as a professional example in behavior and attitude to project teams.
• Collaborate with internal departments to seek new information and help define new solutions that will improve client success.
• Seek opportunities for cross-disciplinary learning relative to client success.
• Lead discussions and develop innovative plans to overcome obstacles for project teams and clients. Work collaboratively with the SL to identify and share new solutions that lead clients to positive outcomes.
• Partner with the SL in leading meetings and conference calls with clients and project teams, and involve project teams in client meetings as appropriate.
• Initiate project start-up and problem-solving meetings to ensure team understanding and enthusiasm to successfully execute client programs.
• With the guidance of the SL, oversee strategic direction on creative content. In partnership with client-facing team, review all creative materials from both a direct response and client-appropriate standpoint.
• With the guidance of the SL, provide strategic direction for all list and targeting, working with Analysis and Strategic Planning Groups.
• With the guidance of the SL, conduct annual project reporting and planning for clients; participate in client presentation of the deliverables.
• With the guidance of the SL, develop proposals and written presentations for clients; participate in client presentation of the deliverables.
• Document client feedback as it occurs.
Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree is preferred. At least three years’ experience in which managing client relationships was the primary responsibility. Direct response marketing and account management is strongly preferred. Must have experience leading teams, mentoring staff or account management. Higher education experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Leadership and people management skills
• Ability to motivate team members
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent client service skills with professional demeanor and ability to take judicious risks
• Strategic thinking ability
• Strong work ethic with ability to exercise sound judgment
• Ability to see diverse perspectives and evaluate situations from another’s point of view
• Ability to approach situations in an entrepreneurial way and find opportunity for improvement/change
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team setting in a fast-paced and competitive environment
• Ability to achieve targets
• Proficient PC skills
Royall & Company - 22 months ago