At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 18 markets and growing fast!
We seek an outstanding Ad Sales Account Director to join our US team in our Los Angeles office.
Spotify would not be as great without our free model. Through advertising and the partners we bring to our platform, we are able to share Spotify around the world. We’re looking for someone with a proven record of revenue generation and a deep interest and passion for online media and innovation. We want someone who loves our product and knows how to sell creative solutions for clients and partners. You should be confident without ever being arrogant and you work hard, but know how to have fun.
THE MISSION SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU TO ACCEPT IT
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET AN AUDITION
- Sell display advertising, audio formats, and other ad space in order to grow advertising revenues by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with media agencies, creative agencies, and clients directly
- Work across multiple agency departments, i.e. radio, digital, branded content and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns
- Coordinate with communications planning team and strategic planners, account directors, and buyers to create successful ad campaigns
- Partner with internal marketing, brand partnerships, and label relations teams to maximize revenue for Spotify and our partners
- Focus on brand sell, educating and inspiring our clients to use Spotify to enhance their business
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals
- Attend weekly and monthly sales meetings as required
- Represent Spotify at events and serve as a brand ambassador
- Supervise support staff and help develop them
- BA/BS degree
- 6+ years of experience in a media agency/online sales role
- Knowledge of online and offline media and the ability to be creative with audio and digital client solutions
- Must have a very strong book of contacts
- Proven record of effective and well-organized pitching and selling backed by results
- Dexterity in creating reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to present effectively and close the deal
- Clear understanding of digital advertising metrics
- Ability to work in a start-up, fast-paced environment and across external and internal teams to deliver creative, fresh campaigns
Try Spotify here: http://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/overview/