The Account Director will focus on business development, by selling the EarthLink Business full suite of IT and network services solutions, including cloud services, hosted virtual services, security, colocation, disaster recovery solutions and wide area networks (MPLS and high bandwidth access and transport) offered Nationwide and into an assigned geographic territory. This will include new business customers as well as identifying revenue opportunities within an assigned customer base utilizing a support team consisting of an Account Manager and Sales Engineer. The Account Director will be working with and selling to C level officers, company executives and business owners.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of EarthLink’s sales process and products and services in order to engage, present and propose to prospective customers while understanding their business needs and requirements.
- Generating new revenue through developing opportunities and closing sales of new and existing business customers.
- Establish new business contacts through a variety of prospecting activities.
- Utilize quote generation, CRM and order management systems as part of the sales process.
- Manage daily activities to effectively balance selling time and daily calendar to ensure sufficient sales activity.
- Participate in and successfully complete all required training and participates in team meetings and activities.
- Must be able to set goals and a plan on how to accomplish them.
- Adhere to current EarthLink policies, procedures and programs, and demonstrate the EarthLink values at all times.
- Formulate and implement comprehensive account management strategy with Account Manager to achieve plan across existing and newly assigned accounts.
- Maintain and grow assigned existing customer revenue stream across all product lines.
- Responsible for funnel development and pipeline management of sales opportunities; accurately maintain sales forecasts as required by Management.
- Gain knowledge and insight to customer's business priorities and challenges and propose EarthLink’s solutions to address these needs.
- Identify key decision makers and the customer's budgetary process.
- Work closely with Solutions Architecture and Product Management to develop quotes/proposals; communicate concepts to technical and non-technical key client decision makers.Represent EarthLink at industry shows and customer events.
- Travel as required for the position and company needs
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of strategic account management and consultative business-to-business outside sales experience within the technology and network services industry preferred
- Demonstrated experience selling a combination of the following strongly preferred: Cloud Computing Services, Managed Hosting, Managed Security, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, Collocation, Professional Services, Managed Network Solutions, Contact Center Services and IP Consulting.
- Demonstrated and verifiable track record of achievement in selling multiple products to medium size businesses.
- Existing C-Level contacts in assigned territory market
- Experience working in security and other managed service industry preferable.
- Excellent listening, verbal communications, and writing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to speak masterfully and with confidence to a group of business professionals.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.Strong work ethic and ability to build a robust pipeline and drive to over achieve quota.
- Experience prospecting new business and be an effective networker.
- Desire for success and willingness to learn and displays confidence and high energy to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong PC skills, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM tools
- Works within corporate philosophy and objectives.
- Valid driver’s license and must maintain an acceptable MVR that meets the company insurance provider’s standards as driving is required in order to be able to fulfill the job responsibilities for the position.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 25 lbs. and perform other basic physical demands of the position as needed.
EarthLink Inc. - 20 months ago
Some of us spend way too much time online, and EarthLink is OK with that. The company provides Internet connections to more than 1 million...