The Account Executive, Acquisitions works under the direction of the Senior Manager/Director-Acquisitions to solicit and drive new business acquisition and account cultivation in our full product portfolio. Professional with superior people skills, great attitude and work ethic. Excited about the opportunity for acquisition and growth. Must be web and marketing savvy and have superior prospecting and closing skills.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Increase advertising revenue by proactively prospecting and qualifying new business accounts.
- Manages high sales volume call and presentation activity.
- Volume sales focus conducted through cold calling, phone appointment setting and face to face meetings with clients.
- Aggressively solicit advertising from new customers including but not limited to: planning advertising budgets, developing and presenting campaigns, audience and behavioral targeting and promotional pieces.
- Conduct needs assessment interviews with clients to develop customer driven audience solutions.
- Develops layouts, writes ad copy and prepares sales presentations.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct formal verbal and written sales presentations.
- Close business in the full product portfolio, meeting or exceeding individual and/or team goals.
- Monitor competitive media, trends in the market and client industries to identify opportunities to increase market share.
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting individual revenue achievement.
- Creates reports on territory performance and strategic acquisition initiatives.
- Attend and participate in training and planning sessions.
- Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of performance. Other duties as assigned by manager.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelors degree in related discipline plus 2-4 years sales experiences generating leads, cold calling, closing business and managing clients or comparable combination of education and experience.
- Must have proven, superior prospecting and closing capabilities.
- Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs assessment.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment.
- Proven ability to sell multiple products, generate new business and increase market share.
- Strong ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline; generate referrals/leads and track/follow-up on leads.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure of multiple deadlines and assignments.
- Diligent work ethic and dependable.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics information to develop creative sales solutions.
- Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and presentations.
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions and mileage.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and other programs such as customer relations software.
- Must have the ability to continuously learn.
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.