Sales representative for the UHC Key Accounts responsible for broker and direct sales to customers in the 100 to 3,000+ employee range. The principle focus is the sale of new fully insured business with indirect responsibility for the retention of existing accounts.
New Business Sales:
Identifies potential healthcare business customers.
Accountable for prospect from presale to implementation.
Attains targeted sales goals for region and health plan.
Produces sales resulting in profitable premium levels.
Leads cross-functional team to achieve positive sales results.
Identifies opportunities for ancillary/Enterprise products on all new sales.
Travel as required.
Relationship Building :
- Develops and maintains strong broker relationships.
- Develops and maintains key internal relationships.
- Understand customer and broker needs and provide value-added consultation.
- Identifies key brokers/consultants for management development.
- Presents a positive image of UHG in the marketplace.
- Community involvement through professional organizations, associations and local organization.
- Maintain current knowledge of all UHC products, services, and underwriting practices and principles.
- Effectively communicate UHG/UHC strategies and mission to the marketplace.
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 3 years successful sales experience, with a full-range of health care products
- Produces sales to employers through direct sales or brokers
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to travel as required
When you work with UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple...and it's that challenging.
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 10 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...