Develop and cultivate deep relationships with mobile developers, acquisition supervisor and buyers, heads of strategy and emerging technologies/mobile media agencies. This candidate should be creative, results-oriented media seller with a passion for what mobile advertising can bring to advertisers and a drive to exceed goal and achieve at the highest standard of sales excellence. This individual will report to the RVP, Sales and work closely with peers within the Sales team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with mobile developers, 3 rd party mobile integrators and mobile advertising agencies.
- Articulate Millennial Media’s overall business objectives and value proposition to the advertising community.
- Assist with strategic advertising deals on our product suite.
- Prospect, cultivate and close mobile advertising revenue, manage negotiations and successfully close new business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, employees and external clients.
- Will establish clear understanding and relationship with clients and digital agencies that have advertised in the interactive space.
- Manage client relationships through day-to-day contact with the client, look for opportunities to up-sell, and ensure clients receive superior customer service.
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge.
- Develop annual business plan in conjunction with Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Associate on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors.
- Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develop a database of qualified leads.
- Create and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, and the effects of the problems.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of SALESFORCE.com to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Position requires specific performance sales and annual sales goals to be maintained.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, employees and external clients.
- Ability to maintain own work flow, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to possess strong communication (both verbal and written), and customer service skills, and exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Ability to respond to frequent pressure to meet deadlines when work speed and sustained accuracy are paramount.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2-4 years of advertising sales/sales support experience required
- Experience with online/mobile ad sales a plus
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- 25% as needed, w illingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
Millennial Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Millennial Media provides a full spectrum of world-class advertiser solutions for branding, direct response, rich media, and user...