Responsible for selling the health plan to brokers, consultants, employer groups, or individuals. Attains defined business and enrollment goals. Accountable for achieving company defined sales objectives.
- Develops and implements annual sales plan within specified format guidelines. Plan should provide sufficient detail to direct daily activity and measure success rates.
- May respond to all broker, consultants and prospect requests for proposals and rate quotes, and develops proposals and quotes for presentation within specified guidelines.
- Makes follow-up calls to sales leads in a timely manner. Maximizes field time.
- Develops and implements time-saving process for scheduling meetings and maintaining calendar with support staff and telesales representative, in accordance with segment process training.
- Meets with brokers, consultants and prospects to ascertain needs, to present proposals, and to achieve targeted close rates.
- Ensures compliance with company and state regulatory and policy requirements.
- Exploits opportunities to secure business for other Coventry plans. Works effectively and in collaboration with supporting departments.
- Attends internal sales meetings, training and examinations.
- Majority of time is spent external to place of business on outside sales related to (retaining and/or renewing) membership.
- Performs other duties as required. Qualifications:
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Appropriate state licensure to sell insurance required.
- Demonstrated track record of successful sales of products and/or services.
- Previous experience in health insurance and/or managed health preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the sales process. Previous training in advanced sales techniques preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation and communication skills.
Job: Sales Workers
Primary Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Other Locations: Tulsa-Oklahoma-United States,
Organization: 13000 - CHC of Kansas
Job Posting: 2012-08-30 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1211257
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...