Published Job Title: Account Executive
Published Division/Department: US Sales
Requisition #: 5431
State/Province/County: New York
Country: United States
Percentage of Travel: 60% - 70%
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Shift: 1st Shift
Interest Category: Sales / Business Development
We are currently seeking an Account Executive to cover the following locations: Greater Binghamton, and Newburgh NY areas.
* Designs strategies that address customer needs and issues while meeting assigned quota; targets and prioritizes accounts and activities; analyzes competitors’ activities and adjusts appropriately; utilizes area, national and Per Diem resources effectively.
* Strategically plans sales calls by outlined objectives and action steps.
* Reads the market, recognizes trends, and communicates that information to the Area Management; Demonstrates knowledge of account history, the processes and procedures specific to each district, and the key issues for each account.
* Responds to customers requests and problems with appropriate timeliness and concern; Develops professional credibility and trust with the customer;
* Provides timely and complete information needed for consultants and outside resources to perform effectively in the territory; Uses voicemail and email appropriately; Updates Salesforce.com regularly.
* Knowledge of each curriculum area to converse comfortably with customers and understand their needs; effectively communicates the major features, advantages, and benefits of each product; Displays a thorough knowledge of state and local adoption
* This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s desirable)
* 5-10 years sales experience with a proven track record in meeting quota. Educational/Technology sales experience and teaching skills are desirable
* The ability to lift up to 60 pounds
* Proficient in MS Office and Sales Management Software
* Requires heavy travel – driving and air travel. 60-70%
J2W: CB EXP. 04/06/13
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is a global learning company with the mission of changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious...