Job Posting COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company; we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are looking for an experienced:
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (HEALTH ECONOMIC OUTCOME REPORTS)
to be home based on the West Coast.
Flexible, real-world market access strategies help remove the obstacles that can limit patient access to biopharmaceutical products or medical devices. Our systematic and well-connected healthcare consulting experts around the globe thoroughly address patient access issues such as pricing and reimbursement, insurance coverage, and frequent payer policy developments.
Summary of your tasks:
- Identify and prioritize compounds/clients for prospecting—Analyze industry sources to identify business opportunities and identify additional services that could be beneficial to existing clients
- Qualify potential business opportunities—Assess the types of services that would best suit a product, estimate the likelihood of and effort required for securing business, and identify the appropriate staff to develop the prospective opportunity
- Contact prospects to assess need for and interest in our services - as appropriate, follow up with prospective client to discuss needs and services, and provide appropriate follow-up materials
- Track and report lead development progress—Provide regular sales updates using Covance tools and determine appropriate next steps for active leads
- Participate in capabilities presentations, proposal scope development, and bid defenses as appropriate
- Demonstrate expertise in the industry — offer guidance to clients and colleagues regarding market access strategy and our entire service portfolio
- Collaborate effectively with sales executives from other Covance units as appropriate to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects Education/Qualifications Typical Education:
- BSc/BA degree and possibly a graduate degree in business administration, public health management, clinical or laboratory science, health services research, health economics, or other relevant discipline from an outstanding program at a distinguished university. Experience Skills/Experience:
- Proven successful sales experience in a market access environment and knowledge of HEOR (health economic outcome reports)
- Knowledge of late phase clinical trials
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and sales skills
- Solid relationship management skills and analytical skills
- Experienced negotiator
- This position requires extensive travel of up to 70% to cover the territory EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 2 years ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...