• Direct responsibility for the identification, contact, qualification and development of viable new accounts and the maintenance of, and business development within, existing SunGard accounts as assigned.
• Manage the prospecting plan development and execution for new accounts at a very high level.
• Manage assigned customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, a strong inclination toward contract renewal, and the enhancement of the SunGard relationship with that customer through the sale of additional services.
• Manage the communication and internal coordination of SunGard sales support infrastructure: CSSR, sales support, operations, and executive team to insure customer education and satisfaction.
• Accurate and timely forecasting is an essential part of the account executive’s role.
• Manage the on-going need to understand inter-related technologies that exist and keep current on new options as the business technologies expand and change
• Responsible for the development, execution, and delivery of quality solution focused client presentations at a “C” level.
• Timely collection of Accounts Receivables as needed.
• Responsible for the initiation, arrangement and attendance for client tours as is needed
Requirements and Preferred Requirements
• College Degree preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Minimum of 4 years of successful sales experience within a large technical account environment: previous proven expertise in managed services, high availability solutions, telecom, consulting and hardware/software solution sales highly preferred
• "Creditworthiness" and ability to use a personal credit card for all reimbursable expenses is required
• Must possess extraordinary drive to pursue opportunities both within the target client as well as to marshal the necessary resources within SunGard to ensure strong solution creation and implementation of the strategy once accepted.
• Candidates must possess exception written and verbal communication skills. Many of the sales activities are limitied to these forms of communication and proficiency at a high level is mandatory.
• Exceptional presentation skills are mandatory. The ability to present to a large audience of C level decision makers persuasively and with ease is mandatory.
• Exceptional ability to motivate and influence key contacts and decision makers required
• Proven talent for making effective cold calls to target companies highly preferred
• Proven expertise to develop relationships from a cold call or networking activity highly preferred
• Proven ability to listen, extrapolate information and leverage resources to effectively provide solutions to customer needs
• Excellent ability to communicate at all levels within an organization required
• Ability to effectively learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply new knowledge required
• Proficiency in Windows based applications (WORD, EXCEL and Power Point) highly preferred as well as the ability to learn internal company proprietary systems.
• Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.